• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This hearing is for a RO, right?
Good luck.
yes, and I also filed another paper they gave me about visitation, so the hearing is for both of those. My son stood in the clerk of courts office and just started spewing (sp?) out a bunch of things his dad has done and that his step mom almost ran us over once. That poor kid has been begging me for a looong time to let him go to the court house and tell the judge what happens at his dads, I guess he thought that was his chance. :eek: I actually told him to sit quietly while I filed the papers, but he was afraid he wouldn't get the chance to tell anyone. Anyway, I'll update as soon as I get home. THANKS EVERYONE!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes, and I also filed another paper they gave me about visitation, so the hearing is for both of those. My son stood in the clerk of courts office and just started spewing (sp?) out a bunch of things his dad has done and that his step mom almost ran us over once. That poor kid has been begging me for a looong time to let him go to the court house and tell the judge what happens at his dads, I guess he thought that was his chance. :eek: I actually told him to sit quietly while I filed the papers, but he was afraid he wouldn't get the chance to tell anyone. Anyway, I'll update as soon as I get home. THANKS EVERYONE!

Are you taking him to court with you?

I took him with me, my mom sat in the hall with him. It was just me and the magistrate in the room and he pretty much said that since dad has never been arrested for domestic violence and he hasn't physically harmed me that he was not granting the protection order for me. As for my son, he said that he spent some time reviewing the past 6 years of litegations and went on to talk about all the motions that have been filed over the years and how we have had several different visitation schedules ranging from standard, to none at all, to supervised, to standard again, and so on and that there were numerous contempt motions. He said that since our last hearing was in Juvenile court and that the last visitation order was there that if I wanted anything done for my son that I can file a motion to midify again. It irritates me that he looked at the number of motions filed, but obviously not at who filded them all because he seemed to be giving me an attitued about it and out of the past 6 or 7 years, I think I've filed 3 things where dad has filed about 10-15. So, I guess my son gets to go to dad's tomorrow to be abused some more, because it takes at least a month if not 2 to get a court date. I don't know what else to do. Children services will not return my phone calls and his counselor was not in her office today. I guess now I just have to pray that no one shows up tomorrow to get him from the visitation center. :(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Go to juvenile court and file an emergency ex parte motion to suspend visitation until there can be an expedited hearing. write up the motion.

Put the caption at the top

Plaintiff Case Number

v Judge

Defendant EXPARTE MOTION FOR SUSPENSION OF VISITATION AND EXPEDITED HEARING

Now comes XXnatalixx and hereby swears, avers and affirms the following:
1. She is a party to the case.
2. She is the mother to minor child _____________________
3. Defendant is the father of minor child ______________
4. On Sunday April 23, 2009, Child was at visitation with dad when he was returned in tears. Stepmother stated she was returning him due to (ADD ALL THE DETAILS)
5. Minor child is fearful of returning to dad's house due to the events of this past weekend.
6. Mother attempted to get a restraining order and was told to file in Juvenile Court.
6. Mother is filing this motion based on the above information which she swears and avers and affirms is true.

Mother prays that the court:
1. Immediately suspend visitation until a full evidentiary hearing can be held regarding what is in the best interests of minor children;
2. In the minimum, mother requests an expedited hearing to be held as soon as possible regarding said allegations.

File it and walk it up to the Juvenile Court or magistrate in charge of your case. Take a short order that has the caption and basically states that

Visitation is suspended until a full evidentiary hearing is held.

TRY IT. If you have to take son with you.

Go to juvenile court and file an emergency ex parte motion to suspend visitation until there can be an expedited hearing. write up the motion.

Put the caption at the top

Plaintiff Case Number

v Judge

Defendant EXPARTE MOTION FOR SUSPENSION OF VISITATION AND EXPEDITED HEARING

Now comes XXnatalixx and hereby swears, avers and affirms the following:
1. She is a party to the case.
2. She is the mother to minor child _____________________
3. Defendant is the father of minor child ______________
4. On Sunday April 23, 2009, Child was at visitation with dad when he was returned in tears. Stepmother stated she was returning him due to (ADD ALL THE DETAILS)
5. Minor child is fearful of returning to dad's house due to the events of this past weekend.
6. Mother attempted to get a restraining order and was told to file in Juvenile Court.
6. Mother is filing this motion based on the above information which she swears and avers and affirms is true.

Mother prays that the court:
1. Immediately suspend visitation until a full evidentiary hearing can be held regarding what is in the best interests of minor children;
2. In the minimum, mother requests an expedited hearing to be held as soon as possible regarding said allegations.

File it and walk it up to the Juvenile Court or magistrate in charge of your case. Take a short order that has the caption and basically states that

Visitation is suspended until a full evidentiary hearing is held.

TRY IT. If you have to take son with you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will type it up now and file it first thing in the morning. Thank God you guys are here to help!

4children

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will type it up now and file it first thing in the morning. Thank God you guys are here to help!
I am so praying for you and your son. I'm sitting here on pins and needles, wanting to hear some good news. Your son should not be going through this.

Good-Luck!!!!!

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

Please give it a shot.

Also, you say that the exchange takes place at a supervision center. Can the supervisor discuss how the child is prior to the visit, and when he returns?

Please give it a shot.

Also, you say that the exchange takes place at a supervision center. Can the supervisor discuss how the child is prior to the visit, and when he returns?
I will definitely give it a shot. I am going to do anything and everything I can to help my son. I think in the past I was too timid and scared to do anything. I'm a new person because of all of this.

I'm sure they would be willing to help any way they can. They keep detailed notes of what each parent says at pick up/drop off and how they greet or say goodbye to the child as well. They had noted before that dad usually doesn't even come, but when he does, he just brings him in the door and leaves without so much as a goodbye, see ya later, or anything. Of course, they didn't say it in those words, but something along those lines. I can review the notes whenever I want and make copies.

CJane

Try to get in front of the same magistrate who heard him threaten you and saw him storm out of the courtroom in a fit.

Also? It is my opinion that IF IT WERE ME I would NOT send child to Dad's. I would risk the contempt charge and just not be home.

wileybunch

Try to get in front of the same magistrate who heard him threaten you and saw him storm out of the courtroom in a fit.

Also? It is my opinion that IF IT WERE ME I would NOT send child to Dad's. I would risk the contempt charge and just not be home.
Since you said it first ... I was thinking the same thing, but didn't know if it was OK to suggest such a thing. But, then, this is only "if it were me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">