• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm here still, can't go until after lunch. I will look that up thank you. I don't know if we have victim's assistance or not, but I'll call around and ask. I was wondering if I need to include an affidavit in support with my motion to modify or not. I typed one up just in case because I see them in some of my previous court papers, but I wasn't sure if they are just for other kinds of cases, I.E. contmept, or if they are for this kind of motion too.
at an exparte you are normally there testifying.

Well, I spent all day filling out the wrong form. I took it to the clerks office and they gave me the right forms and were very helpful. They gave me the number to a legal advocate at the DV shelter. They said she will help me fill out the CPO and even sit with me in court. Hopefully she'll call soon. I ran out of time fo file today so tomorrow I'll have to do it with her or without her since he is suppose to have a visit WEd. evening.

Last edited:

CJane

Well, I spent all day filling out the wrong form. I took it to the clerks office and they gave me the right forms and were very helpful. They gave me the number to a legal advocate at the DV shelter. They said she will help me fill out the CPO and even sit with me in court. Hopefully she'll call soon. I ran out of time fo file today so tomorrow I'll have to do it with her or without her since he is suppose to have a visit WEd. evening.
HERE you can file after-hours @ the police station. It'll be rubber-stamped until a hearing... and sometimes they'll even accomplish service that night.

How did the CPS visit go?

HERE you can file after-hours @ the police station. It'll be rubber-stamped until a hearing... and sometimes they'll even accomplish service that night.

How did the CPS visit go?

I'm a bit ticked about CPS. They never came today or called. They didn't give a specific time, but it's almost 7:30 now, so I'm thinking they're not coming. I wanted them to interview my son as soon as possible, while it was still fresh in his mind, and there are 2 other children in Dad's home that I am concerned about as well. They were gone for the weekend because of dad's fit, but I'm sure they're back home by now. I am calling CPS first thing in the morning. I wonder if I could have filed after hours here. I'm going to wait and see if the advocate calls in the morning. I really want to have someone there with me. I think it'll make me less nervous.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Have your son write down his thoughts and recollections on paper. Don't look at it - check it for spelling - nothing. YOU don't want to be accused of coersing (or however that is spelled) anything here. SEAL the envelope and have it available for son to discuss with CPS worker.

Have your son write down his thoughts and recollections on paper. Don't look at it - check it for spelling - nothing. YOU don't want to be accused of coersing (or however that is spelled) anything here. SEAL the envelope and have it available for son to discuss with CPS worker.
He has trouble writing because he has tremors and is nearly blind in one eye, but I'll have him do the best he can. I will not even question him about the incident. I don't even know what all happend yet. I'm kinda just finding out as time goes on and something triggers his memory and he brings it up. I'm sure when he talks to his counselor about it, she'll be contacting CPS as well.(again) I hope it helps. I figure they'll be more apt to believe an unbias person. CPS asked her before if she thought I was coaching him or making it up because that is what dad claimed, but she told them that you cannot coach that kind of emotion and fear into the child. He gets shaky and tears up when he has to talk about dad at all. He asked me today why his dad gets so mad about stuff that he doesn't even do. I hope it's all over soon and he doesn't have to go back.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Notes, notes ... doesn't have to be complete sentences. Just words that, when referenced, can help with describing what happened. If he can't write so well, how about pictures?

Notes, notes ... doesn't have to be complete sentences. Just words that, when referenced, can help with describing what happened. If he can't write so well, how about pictures?
That's a wonderful idea! He is quite the little artist. He uses drawing for therapy anyway. He sometimes has "accidents" to put it nicely, before his visits, quite messy ones that end up allll over the bathroom and she suggested that when he's upset or mad that he draw pictures about what is bothering him instead of what he has been doing. I have avoided talking about his "accidents" on here because I kind of feel bad for telling anyone but I was wondering if maybe I should include that fact in the court papers or if it willl make a difference. It has happend 7 times now, all right before leaving for dad's.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Just like when potty training a young child, the only thing a child truly has control over is the bowel movements. So, the child is regressing, huh?

What techniques is the counselor teaching the child in the expression of anger or fear? Picture therapy is a good one. Has the counselor had the child play with clay?

Just like when potty training a young child, the only thing a child truly has control over is the bowel movements. So, the child is regressing, huh?

What techniques is the counselor teaching the child in the expression of anger or fear? Picture therapy is a good one. Has the counselor had the child play with clay?
That is what his counselor said, that he's trying to have control over something. He does play with clay A LOT, for hours he'll sit there with it and slam it on the table or rip it up or smash it. It does seem to calm him down, and keep him from taking his anger out on his brothers. We worked out a safety plan with him also for when he's at his dad's. We gave him a specific neighbor he can go to if he's caught in the middle of one of dad's tantrums again.

I filed the CPO and the whatever it's called about suspending visitation until a hearing. I have a hearing at 3:00 today to see if they grant it! Wish me luck!

Isis1

I filed the CPO and the whatever it's called about suspending visitation until a hearing. I have a hearing at 3:00 today to see if they grant it! Wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK!! let us know!

O/T maybe admin can create a special file for those posters who have issues and those issues have been resolved...it would be a wonderful to show from start to end....:D

StampGirl

Sending good thoughts your way :)

Get your lil one to his counselor so they can help him. Its so sad when children are put through this type of thing.

Glad you were able to get the hearing so fast.

Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">