• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue mother-in-law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then buh-bye now. Last I checked, nobody solicited your opinion so shut it.
Now now - no less solicited than the comments about OP getting sterilized. However, that means we're as free to be disgusted by her attitude as Idori is to be by that of others.

qurice

And it disgusts me that any parent would be 'okay' with killing a child because he or she is not the parent's picture of perfect. :mad:
That would be her right to do so. We don't have to agree with it, but it's still her decision. Not everyone is cut out to care for disabled children. My wife and I had to face a similar decision during her pregnancy when doctors suspected our son of having birth defects.

My recommendation that she be sterilized is a legitmate suggestion. SHE may have an illness that has been shown to be hereditary, yet that is why she is wishing to sue her MIL. She can't handle the child she has now. She shouldn't have any more.
This I agree with but simply for the reason that the OP has more than she can handle. She may think she's in perfect health but it's obvious she's having issues coping.

I wonder where her husband is in all of this.

lookinrose

Hi,
This is not a question of abortion. This is a question of paying for disabled child therapies. SC is a worst state to have a disable child. Some agencies that provide help for families have a 2 year waiting list. Our school district gave my daughter 20 minutes of speech therapy a week. May be all the people who are against abortion in my case will help me pay for the services that my daughter needs to survive. May be mommyof4 will contribute on the monthly basis.
Right now we are in need for a picture cards that cost $150, puzzles $126, Listening therapy $1600 for 6 month, special sensory and learning toys about $3000.
Any idea how to buy it?

CJane

So you're basically saying that you had NO IDEA that your husband's family was an inbred mess when you decided to procreate with him, and that it was his MOMMY'S responsibility to tell you all about the ALBINOS (how did you MISS that?) and the mysterious undiagnosable diseases and the genetic disorders running rampant through the family? Because your husband has no clue what his family is comprised of?

You're insane. Get help now.

mommyof4

My husband didn't know anything because his mother never told him anything. Right now he is in denial.
What? He's been in denial for his entire life? Does he not know any of his family members? Was he raised in isolation?

ALBINOS (how did you MISS that?)
Well, she just thought they stayed out of the sun. :rolleyes:

lookinrose

So you're basically saying that you had NO IDEA that your husband's family was an inbred mess when you decided to procreate with him, and that it was his MOMMY'S responsibility to tell you all about the ALBINOS (how did you MISS that?) and the mysterious undiagnosable diseases and the genetic disorders running rampant through the family? Because your husband has no clue what his family is comprised of?

You're insane. Get help now.
His family lives in different states and I never saw albino until my child was born. I saw them on the picture, but my husband told me that they are fair skin. My husband family doesn' t communicate much for some reason. During 5 years of marriage we got 2 Christmas cards. If you ask my husband anything about his family like who works where or when is somebody's birthday HE DOESN'T KNOW.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hi,
This is not a question of abortion. This is a question of paying for disabled child therapies. SC is a worst state to have a disable child.
So move.

While I'm sorry you're going through this... or rather.... your child is... you don't get to hold MIL responsible. Your own docs say it was a crap shoot, that Dad's history may not have played a part. A court is not going to tink differently.

CJane

His family lives in different states and I never saw albino until my child was born. I saw them on the picture, but my husband told me that they are fair skin. My husband family doesn' t communicate much for some reason. During 5 years of marriage we got 2 Christmas cards. If you ask my husband anything about his family like who works where or when is somebody's birthday HE DOESN'T KNOW.
Ya know, I have a BIG HUGE family, and I don't know when everyone's BDays are. I don't know everyone's address, and I can go YEARS w/out seeing people I'm related to.

But I'm very aware of ANY issues ANY one has w/genetic health. I know that my cousin has Asperger's and that another cousin's son was born w/an internal cleft palate.(sp?) I know that a cousin was born w/out an ear lobe.

I could go on. I know WHY people died, who had cancer, who had hysterectomies and at what age, who has diabetes, who's obese, who had premature children or miscarraiges.

You have no grounds to sue anyone for anything.

You had a handicapped child. The fact that your husband's family is apparently swimming in a very shallow gene pool probably DID have a bit to do with it. But it's your cross to bear. Get treatment for your depression and parent your child.

mommyof4

Maybe Dear mommyof4 will prove me that I am heartless and she is not and donate my child some of the needed materials for therapies!!!!!!!
I find it very interesting that you don't ask for help for any resources or directions to organizations that could offer you some help. All you want is money. That comes through loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">