• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue mother-in-law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookinrose

So move.

While I'm sorry you're going through this... or rather.... your child is... you don't get to hold MIL responsible. Your own docs say it was a crap shoot, that Dad's history may not have played a part. A court is not going to tink differently.
Doctors doesn't want to get involved in the lawsuit. If my OB-GYN new about my husband's family history and didn't sent me to genetic tests I would be suing the doctor for malpractice and my child would be provided with therapies.

CJane

Doctors doesn't want to get involved in the lawsuit. If my OB-GYN new about my husband's family history and didn't sent me to genetic tests I would be suing the doctor for malpractice and my child would be provided with therapies.
No, you would be paying a medmal attorney to pursue a losing case.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Maybe Dear mommyof4 will prove me that I am heartless and she is not and donate my child some of the needed materials for therapies!!!!!!!
And maybe you'll prove that you're not thoughtless by admitting that you really have no idea whether she or anyone else replying to you has a special needs child. Like you've already assumed we don't.

lookinrose

I find it very interesting that you don't ask for help for any resources or directions to organizations that could offer you some help. All you want is money. That comes through loud and clear.
As I said I didn't want anything for me, I didn't ask for money to do my nails. We were 1.5 years on the waiting list to get ABA therapy that we have now because we couldn't pay for private. I am sorry to tell you but money decide everything in this country.

Perky

You are very angry at your MIL for withholding information about your husband's family. I don't blame you, but she was probably in denial that it could affect your baby, just as your husband is now.

Both you and your husband contributed to your daughter's chromosomal makeup. Did your doctor specify that your daughter's incomplete Chromosome 8 came from your husband? Did your doctor tell you that autism could be detected in utero, or that it is caused by her chromosomal abnormality? That research is speculative, at best, I believe.

Finally, had you known the genetic risks in your husband's family, would you have chosen to never have children since not all disabilities can be detected in utero?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
As I said I didn't want anything for me, I didn't ask for money to do my nails. We were 1.5 years on the waiting list to get ABA therapy that we have now because we couldn't pay for private. I am sorry to tell you but money decide everything in this country.
I have your solution. Move to Canada.

And the reason your docs don't want to get involved? They know you have no case.

CJane

Another money bag, may be you want to sponsor my move?
You could divorce your genetically inferior husband, give him custody of the child who is such a burden to you, and move on.

You could commit your child to the custody of the state and get on with life w/your genetically inferior husband.

There are a million things you could do. Suing someone for your bad luck isn't one of them.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
So you're basically saying that you had NO IDEA that your husband's family was an inbred mess when you decided to procreate with him, and that it was his MOMMY'S responsibility to tell you all about the ALBINOS (how did you MISS that?) and the mysterious undiagnosable diseases and the genetic disorders running rampant through the family? Because your husband has no clue what his family is comprised of?
Maybe it's her family that's the genetic mess.... :eek:

lookinrose

You could divorce your genetically inferior husband, give him custody of the child who is such a burden to you, and move on.

You could commit your child to the custody of the state and get on with life w/your genetically inferior husband.

There are a million things you could do. Suing someone for your bad luck isn't one of them.
I never said that I don't love my child. It difficult to take care of her, but I love her and I will never abandon her. It is not her fault.

CJane

Maybe it's her family that's the genetic mess.... :eek:
Well, that's possible. Or maybe it was the crazy kool-aid she drank. But her husband's family IS the one w/obvious mulitple genetic issues going on.

OP~ You're right... sort of. The reality is, it's NO ONE'S fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">