• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sustainable Farmer doesn't live a life where I can pay CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomesteadFarmer

You're not getting custody to avoid child support. Does it occur to you that Mom might not have needed so much government aid if you'd been supporting your mutual child?

Let me remind you:

No because it was her decision to live off the government since before her first child with another man, 8 years ago. It's an easy system people in poverty can get sucked into without doing any hard work. Yes I could get food stamps as well but I'd rather work and make my own food. Yes I could get assisted living but I'd rather build my own house. Yes I could get utility assistance but I'd rather build and maintain my own stoves.
I have given her money when she's asked and he's only 8 months old. By your way of putting things shouldn't she have gotten work by now to support her kids? No, because she gets more money by not doing anything.

HomesteadFarmer

How are you on the internet right now?
Library. But clearly the internet was the wrong place to go to find any answers since no one understands farm lifestyle anymore and real raw trade agreements. Everything is ran by paper and electronic notes of paper that have no real value. Everyone should just go back to playing their video games, watching cartoons, and biased news and getting systematically dumber through government controlled media.

Silverplum

Library. But clearly the internet was the wrong place to go to find any answers since no one understands farm lifestyle anymore and real raw trade agreements. Everything is ran by paper and electronic notes of paper that have no real value. Everyone should just go back to playing their video games, watching cartoons, and biased news and getting systematically dumber through government controlled media.
Don't assume. You are WILDLY mistaken.

Silverplum

No because it was her decision to live off the government since before her first child with another man, 8 years ago. It's an easy system people in poverty can get sucked into without doing any hard work. Yes I could get food stamps as well but I'd rather work and make my own food. Yes I could get assisted living but I'd rather build my own house. Yes I could get utility assistance but I'd rather build and maintain my own stoves.
I have given her money when she's asked and he's only 8 months old. By your way of putting things shouldn't she have gotten work by now to support her kids? No, because she gets more money by not doing anything.
You picked her.

Proserpina

Honey, she's not here whining about having to support her child.

If she was, she'd receive the treatment she deserves. Kind of like you.

Pay your support. Really.

HomesteadFarmer

You picked her.
I did pick her and it was great and we're still friends. We just have too different lifestyles to make it work. I'm not dissing her, just making it black and white so it's easier to understand out differences so I can find a way to make it work.
She doesn't have a car or license as well so I'd have to drive an hour and a half whenever I can visit. It all falls on me and the government to do everything.

Also another issue is her child support computation worksheet was the same minimum wage standard and the annual support obligation was the same but where's the proof and authority that she's making or spending that much on the child?

Proserpina

I did pick her and it was great and we're still friends. We just have too different lifestyles to make it work. I'm not dissing her, just making it black and white so it's easier to understand out differences so I can find a way to make it work.
She doesn't have a car or license as well so I'd have to drive an hour and a half whenever I can visit. It all falls on me and the government to do everything.

Also another issue is her child support computation worksheet was the same minimum wage standard and the annual support obligation was the same but where's the proof and authority that she's making or spending that much on the child?
An accounting is not required.

The fact the child is apparently housed, clothed and fed is adequate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What method do you use to produce your gasoline?
How about your car? How did you build that?

HomesteadFarmer

Honey, she's not here whining about having to support her child.

If she was, she'd receive the treatment she deserves. Kind of like you.

Pay your support. Really.
I would love to pay my support, I would love to have tons of money to spoil my kid rotten :) but that's not how it is and I don't see how I can work 80+ hours a week and keep my farm. I don't know if you've ever worked 12 hours a day on a farm for very long but it's not all petting zoo and canning vegetables fun.

Proserpina

I would love to pay my support, I would love to have tons of money to spoil my kid rotten :) but that's not how it is and I don't see how I can work 80+ hours a week and keep my farm. I don't know if you've ever worked 12 hours a day on a farm for very long but it's not all petting zoo and canning vegetables fun.
You can't repay the state with vegetables.

Seriously - you have a choice. Either pay as ordered, or face the consequences of non-payment.

OHRoadwarrior

Obviously farming does not take all of your time or you would not have had time to date and procreate. Get a job with the townies, where you work enough hours to pay your support.

LdiJ

Do you realize how few hours you would have to work in order to earn enough money to cover your child support? Probably no more than 10 hours a week. Why don't you work for someone for 10 hours a week? Surely that would not cut into your chore time.

tuffbrk

Actually, the question is shouldn't YOU have gotten to work by now to support YOUR kid? Since you claim the drive is too far for you to visit or care for your child, the least you can do is send money.
Next time you choose to have unprotected sex, please carefully consider how you will support any child that may result. The taxpayers can't afford to continue to keep your kids fed and in diapers.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So why did you screw her and impregnate her? Easy pickings for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">