• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sustainable Farmer doesn't live a life where I can pay CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

That's the realist and most helpful post yet because you "get" it. My main issue was since this was just thrown on me all of a sudden I find it hard to get everything in order for spring (the busiest season) and still make some extra money or find another job. The matter of the fact is that I'm going to get a little behind before everything is in order. I make money already selling products but I could offer lessons also. The money I make is pretty much all used up for feed and gas and things I can't make like barrels, copper, and roofing, etc...
Just so you all know there are 20+ chickens, 8 pigs, 8 goats and sheep, 2 ducks, 2 milk cows, and 1 turkey.
I guess it's realistic selling some off or making more products, but I really dislike giving her the satisfaction of not lifting a finger and getting everything she needs no matter how much I like her or liked her. I don't think anyone in this society should get handouts for any reason if they're not willing to put forth any effort.
Wouldn't be much of an issue if I knew where the money was going.
You don't seem to understand that this is not about whether SHE is working or not. It's your CHILD who deserves the support. If the child is homeless and/or neglected, file for custody. I suspect however that the child is not at risk or in danger hence it's a moot point.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Darlin, if you knew what chicken people (I mean the reeeeeal hardcore chicken people) were willing to pay for some of those breeds you would be floored. OG could easily sell some of them to those fruitloops and re-"coop" her monetary losses! :D
Umm, still no. Not in to that inconvenience.

Eekamouse

That's the realist and most helpful post yet because you "get" it. My main issue was since this was just thrown on me all of a sudden I find it hard to get everything in order for spring (the busiest season) and still make some extra money or find another job. The matter of the fact is that I'm going to get a little behind before everything is in order. I make money already selling products but I could offer lessons also. The money I make is pretty much all used up for feed and gas and things I can't make like barrels, copper, and roofing, etc...
Just so you all know there are 20+ chickens, 8 pigs, 8 goats and sheep, 2 ducks, 2 milk cows, and 1 turkey.
I guess it's realistic selling some off or making more products, but I really dislike giving her the satisfaction of not lifting a finger and getting everything she needs no matter how much I like her or liked her. I don't think anyone in this society should get handouts for any reason if they're not willing to put forth any effort.
Wouldn't be much of an issue if I knew where the money was going.
The money is going to SUPPORT YOUR CHILD. What part of that is confusing to you?

Rwedunyet

Cool! I have goats too! cuz I am a farmer, too.

I sell the goatie babies for about 150-200 dollars each.

I also had chickens for a while. Sold their eggs for 3$ a dozen. Sold excess birds at 10$ for a hen, and 15$ for a typical roo. One of my English Game Roosters would bring about 25$, though.

We have a nice herd of beef cattle. Calves sell for between 500$ and 1500$.

We also grow Sorghum. We use it to make molasses, which we sell for $10 a quart.

Let's see....20 goats, 60 head of cattle, and a little over 300 acres of land (oh yeah, we make hay off the land and sell that, too). Farming is the good life, I love the homegrown meat and veggies (I can most of our veggies, by the way) for my family.

Anyway, enough farm talk for tonight. We've got the farm chores all done, the critters are fed and bedded, and I vacuum packaged about 90 lbs of meat tonight. Time for bed, so that Hubby and I can get up in time to feed in the morning and get to WORK on time. He works full-time. I work part-time. It's not much, but it brings in a paycheck so that we can support our kids and give them luxury items like shoes, clothing and medical care (Darn doctors won't take chickens as payment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">