• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sustainable Farmer doesn't live a life where I can pay CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I know a couple who are sustainable farmers in AL. Both also work FT - one as an attorney, and the other as a professor.

commentator

Several of the Amish have gone to jail to support their simple, off the grid lifestyle. I don't think this OP needs to refight those battles in defense of his lifestyle. He and his family do not have the extremely close knit insular support system of these folks. And since he is not a member of an accepted religious group exemption, he's not going to be considered officially "off the grid" and exempt from things like Social Security and child support and such. And he knew this when he took on the wife and wasn't charming enough to keep her. But he doesn't get to pick out what she spends her money on now. That was the plus side of getting away from him and get back on the grid, which she had the option to do.

I mean, hey, seventy five dollars a week is going to lead to a lot of riotous partying on her part, when she has given up the opportunity to be Ma Ingalls and kill and scald and pluck and cook all those chickens and gather those eggs. If you read about Laura Ingalls, in a biography, not an idealized child's story, you are impressed by how darn hard these people worked, and for what small reward in the monetary sense, what extremely brutally hard lives they had. I was raised sort of this way, and I jumped onto the grid as fast as I could. Love those indoor toilets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">