• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this constitute proof of abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Mistakes

Mom may have tried contacting the kids at school if she felt that was the only way to do so. It sounds like she isn't being allowed to speak to them when they are at home (so disruptive and all :rolleyes:), so she is probably getting desperate.
I understand that.

I was just confused about if the school was pulling the kids out of class. If the school is doing what they should be doing, the kids shouldn't be disrupted if mom is calling the school.

And I agree. If dad and his new sex slave let the kids talk to mom at home, then mom wouldn't have to resort to trying to call them at school.

OP, you STILL have NOTHING to do with this.

Here's the best piece of advice I can you:

Sit down, shut up, and let DAD and MOM handle things. Are you either of those people? Yeah, didn't think so.

You suck.

JELA

Mom may have tried contacting the kids at school if she felt that was the only way to do so. It sounds like she isn't being allowed to speak to them when they are at home (so disruptive and all :rolleyes:), so she is probably getting desperate.
She is allowed to speak to the boys. He's even had them call her when it's been awhile since they've spoken to her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He's on the birth certificate and she's not denying it.
HE HAS NO LEGAL CUSTODY RIGHTS THEN. Paternity has not been established by the courts NOR has he been awarded custody.

Because after they separated, he was living with people that he did not feel it was safe to have the children around. He would take them places, but nowhere conducive to education. When he was finally living on his, he would keep them more regularly, but he also has dyslexia and struggles with that. He also lived too far away to be involved daily in their lives.
Those are excuses. DAD is as much to blame as mom.
She worked until late so it was the significant other who took care of the kids, much like in our case now. Only I do not abuse them.
You don't? Maybe not physically but lets get some answers:
What do the kids call you?
Why do you attend counseling with them?
Are you listed on their paperwork?

No, but we've taken him to the doctor and had him in our care and know what to look for according to the doctor's instructions. We also have the old medical records showing how much medication he was prescribed.
Then you are CLUELESS. And have no right to say that the child is under or over medicated.

I shouldn't rise, but I am anyway.

I'm fairly certain one would not restrain a child from hitting himself in the head by grabbing their head. Generally, you would hold their arms to their side.

And yes, the counselor treated the entire family and individually.
Then the counselor is not doing the right thing. These children should NOT be in counseling WITH YOU.

Yes. We sought psych evals within a few months of them being in our care. The oldest's results were inconclusive, but showed OD tendancies. The youngest's results showed combined ADHD, developmental dyslexia and a host of other learning disabilities. His current psychiatrist suggests that we retest now that he's been in a more stable and helpful environment.
Really? YOu are aware that the children legally are not in dad's custody and LEGALLY dad does not have the right to make medical decisions of ANY kind.

Legally, you're right. Outside of that, I am their parent in all ways, more than any of the others including my fiance.
NO you are not. YOU ARE NOBODY.

I am the one who completes any school paperwork, takes them to any medical visits (on my insurance by claiming domestic partner), volunteers at school, discusses any behavior issues with the teachers, attends school functions, coordinates their playdates, takes them to and from school, helps with their homework, cooks their dinner and provides anything else they need. Their father works late like their mother so if I didn't do it, it wouldn't get done, like what happened when they lived with her. Is it ideal? No, but it's what it is.
NO it is not what it is. IT is proof that you are an overstepping overinvolved bedmate. You have NO RIGHT to be discussing anything with the teachers or making medical decisions. NONE. You are not a stepparent. You have no legal rights under HIPPA OR FERPA. The school and doctors can be sued because of your over involvement. HOW DARE YOU!

We have been together 2.5 years. The boys have lived with us 1 yr and 8 mos. We're getting married next Spring. She's been with her significant other for 4.5 years.
Oh well. YOU ARE NOBODY. NO ONE. You have NO RIGHTS.

I asked because their mom said to tell her when they tell us they wanted to see her. I've already covered you're other outburst. No need to rehash.

My outburst? LOL. Good grief. You are so blind.

ETA: Just to reiterate -- if mom complained to either the schools or doctors, or the federal government, the schools and doctors would have EXTREME SERIOUS LEGAL ISSUES resulting from this. Just to let you know.

JELA

If we claimed common law, would that make a difference in my involvement?

Also, I'm not sure if I was clear before, but there are no custody orders at all currently.

momofrose

Even if you were married - YOU do not count.. don't YOU get it? YOU are a legal stranger and will always be a legal stranger to these kids...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Also, I'm not sure if I was clear before, but there are no custody orders at all currently.

NO. You would be a legal stranger even if you had a ring on your finger. And it wouldn't change anything. And you are not common law. YOU ARE ENGAGED after all. So you are NOT married. Unless of course you want to commit fraud. Which wouldn't really surprise me since you are overstepping to the extent you are.

Oh and without custody orders MOM is the ONLY CUSTODIAN of these children.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Even if you were married - YOU do not count.. don't YOU get it? YOU are a legal stranger and will always be a legal stranger to these kids...
I can think of one point that would be different in regards to doctors, and teachers and the law oh my if she were married to dad. BUT dad still has NO CUSTODY RIGHTS.

kimberlywrites

This has GOT to be a joke. He's not even proven to be DAD, and the not-yet stepmom is overstepping...? WTF?

mommyof4

After following this thread after my one response, the only thing I can do is reapeat:

HOLY HELL!!!!

OP, you're getting worse the more you post. Just stop.:mad:

JELA

I can think of one point that would be different in regards to doctors, and teachers and the law oh my if she were married to dad. BUT dad still has NO CUSTODY RIGHTS.
I am aware that I have no custody rights unless we somehow remove the mothers rights and I adopt them.

So now that we've established that I am a legal stranger, can you please explain why my firsthand experiences could not be used to help prove the abuse? Is it simply because what I've seen and heard is subjective? I'm curious because his mother and sister have had many experiences with the boys similar to my own.

If what he has is not enough to prove abuse, what is?

kimberlywrites

I am aware that I have no custody rights unless we somehow remove the mothers rights and I adopt them.

So now that we've established that I am a legal stranger, can you please explain why my firsthand experiences could not be used to help prove the abuse? Is it simply because what I've seen and heard is subjective? I'm curious because his mother and sister have had many experiences with the boys similar to my own.

If what he has is not enough to prove abuse, what is?
Are you all trying to do this without a lawyer? If so, may I ask why?
OG, do they even HAVE a case considering dad may not be dad?

JELA

Are you all trying to do this without a lawyer? If so, may I ask why?
OG, do they even HAVE a case considering dad may not be dad?
Sorry, but I think I accidently closed the topic.

We are going to the attorney on Monday. I just wanted to make sure we brought everything we need.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, but I think I accidently closed the topic.

We are going to the attorney on Monday. I just wanted to make sure we brought everything we need.
Oh, you're bringing WAY more than you need...specifically, YOU! :rolleyes:

OG, she's equal to stepmom4ever's behavior, that's so scary! There is no way in hell my children would be living with DAD nor BUD with a court order, period. I don't know why mom would have even allowed that to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">