• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Wife is breaking court order "moral clause"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But OP doesn't even KNOW that Mom hasn't! (Aside from the fact that it is NONE of OP's business - she is not a party to the order, she is not the child's parent. She IS a legal stranger who needs to butt out.)

I have several close friends who are of the opposite gender - none of whom I'm " engaged in a relationship of romantic, personal, or sexual nature" with. We're friends. And sometimes, since a few of them live out of state, they will come to visit and *gasp* stay overnight. In my house. In a bed. In a bedroom. SOMETIMES, even in MY bedroom (and I sleep on the sofa with the hounds). HORRORS! My KIDS are even home! Sleeping in their own rooms or camping out with me. Yeah - there's a strange car in my driveway. And nothing at all is going on except some friends are getting together to chew the fat. *WOW* That's really radical. I'd love for the kids' other parent to make something of THAT.

Seriously, OP - get a life. You sorely need one.
Friends is a personal relationship.

f8al2u

if DAD thought this behavior was serious, why did he not take it to court to have therapy implemented in the court order? or did DAD just let go of the issue because it wasn't THAT important to him?
He didn't know he could do that!!! He will look into it. She said contacted her attorney and if he took him to actual therapy without her consent she would file for contempt. He thought that's all he could do was take her threat as a promise. he didn't know he could have it possibly implemented!!!

f8al2u

to the previous post**************that's what i was thinking, (thank you Ohiogal)

.....so busy to come up with a smart ass answer that you missed the point..is it in your papers that you can't have non blood related people over at all unless you are married to them??? if so, if your kids are present, then you are going against your papers....

Bloopy

Filing anything may motivate Mom to get married.

I promise you, the maybe-could-be possibility of Mom having a bed warmer after 10:00 is better than hastily getting married to beat a clause. Is Dad gonna like Mom getting married to some random jerk.

It’s not like there is a parent in this situation that is foolishly getting married within a year of getting a divorce just to knock boots within the clause.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seriously, OG - do you think a court would come down on me (if I had such a clause - which I don't) for having an old family friend visit and stay overnight? Or do they really mean an intimate relationship - which is how I interpret it.

Silver - what kind of hounds?

Isis1

I promise you, the maybe-could-be possibility of Mom having a bed warmer after 10:00 is better than hastily getting married to beat a clause. Is Dad gonna like Mom getting married to some random jerk.

It’s not like there is a parent in this situation that is foolishly getting married within a year of getting a divorce just to knock boots within the clause.

whoa!! i didn't even think of that alternative!!

f8al2u

OMG......get over it. People have met and married faster than that. Jeez...

mommyof4

OMG......get over it. People have met and married faster than that. Jeez...
So, the $64,000 question. WHEN did you start dating your husband? Before the divorce was final? Gee whiz....I wonder, I wonder...is THAT why the clause was entered into the custody order? ;)

Here's the bottom line. As far as YOU are concerned, it doesn't matter if she is doing the entire offensive line of the Dallas cowboys while Jr. is there. It's absolutely none of your business. None.

When Dad can muster up the gumption to post and ask his questions, he can let us know. Until then...there is absolutely no reason to discuss any of this with you. None.

Stop interfering and let the PARENTS of the child work it out.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
to the previous post**************that's what i was thinking, (thank you Ohiogal)

.....so busy to come up with a smart ass answer that you missed the point..is it in your papers that you can't have non blood related people over at all unless you are married to them??? if so, if your kids are present, then you are going against your papers....
Sorry, sweetpea - I can have anyone I want in my home at any blessed hour of the day doing anything I want to allow and is legal. I'll leave it to your lurid imagination to sort out what that might be. :p

mommyof4

Sorry, sweetpea - I can have anyone I want in my home at any blessed hour of the day doing anything I want to allow and is legal. I'll leave it to your lurid imagination to sort out what that might be. :p
Well, the offensive line is busy right now. You can have the special teams unit, I guess. :D

(Tony's getting busy with Jessica, so he's not going to be at either place.)

ETA: Stealth, smartass is always better than dumbass. I think she paid you a compliment.;)

f8al2u

well that's just dandy for you then....ain't it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Bassets! :D :)
And yours?
I have a beagle (F), a bagle (beagle/basset mix - M) and a foxhound (M). OMG! I have a personal relationship with them! Would allowing the two males to sleep in the house go against such an order?!?!?! Oh Nooooooooo!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ya know.... it would be funny if the Mom in this sitch was a lesbian.

wileybunch

When it comes to court matters, IMHO, the morals clause is nice to have, but matters that are interfering with a parent-child relationship should come first (second to only life/death safety issues), not something like a morals clause. There are some bigger fish to fry if Mom's calling Dad in front of son (and son, too? :eek:) an N-WORD. If mother is also often violating the CO moral's clause and it's crystal clear she is, you have irrefutable proof, then you can include that in any order to show cause for contempt for parent-child relationship type alleged violations of the CO (and I agree to get counseling ordered -- I doubt a judge would appreciate Mom's attempts to block counseling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">