• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

He was at my house in the past. Or perhaps it was a different officer. But yes, this sergeant does exist, and he did call me on the phone (not come over) this time. And he was very serious about this citation and any future citations.
If that is the case, I suggest you wait for the citation and see an attorney after you receive it.

Good luck.

Eric7100

Yes or no. Did you, or did you not, call the police department and confirm that there has actually been a citation issued and the sergeant is not talking out of his hat?
I can assure you that the citation is legit.

FlyingRon

So, get a lawyer and go to court. If there ends up being an arrest record that matters (which I seriously doubt, summary offenses escape even most LEO-based background checks), you can have it expunged in Pennsylvania if it didn't result in a conviction.

I've got TS/SI guys with higher clearances than you've even heard of with bigger blots on their record.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
He was at my house in the past. Or perhaps it was a different officer. But yes, this sergeant does exist, and he did call me on the phone (not come over) this time. And he was very serious about this citation and any future citations.
So there is some ambiguity.

The point being, the call you received could have been bogus. It could have been from someone pretending to be a police sgt (impersonating a police officer). Or, it could have been a police officer not on duty calling on behalf of their "friend" - your neighbor (this would also be unprofessional).

Either way, it does not hurt to call the police station and ask if there is anything in the system indicating you're in hot water.

It is certainly better to know the facts, rather than waiting around panicking that your career might be derailed just because you were playing 2048 while drinking your morning cup of Joe. Or whatever innocuous thing you claim to have been doing.

If you have actually NOT been recording your neighbor and her kids, and these are specious allegations, then stand your ground. 1) You have civil rights too. In order to be cited, there should be proof that you actually did something wrong. 2) § 2709 (d) False reports. If your neighbor is knowingly making false accusations, she is committing a crime. If she is just hallucinating this stuff, then heaven knows what else she is imaging, and she is mentally ill - is she fit to raise her children?

P.S. Use the tablet out of eyeshot of crazy lady for now. Although it might be amusing to go out with a paper notepad i.e. tablet and pencil/pen... "Eric is writing about us! I can tell. He's got a pen and a piece of paper!"

Eric7100

So there is some ambiguity.

The point being, the call you received could have been bogus. It could have been from someone pretending to be a police sgt (impersonating a police officer). Or, it could have been a police officer not on duty calling on behalf of their "friend" - your neighbor (this would also be unprofessional).

Either way, it does not hurt to call the police station and ask if there is anything in the system indicating you're in hot water.

It is certainly better to know the facts, rather than waiting around panicking that your career might be derailed just because you were playing 2048 while drinking your morning cup of Joe. Or whatever innocuous thing you claim to have been doing.

If you have actually NOT been recording your neighbor and her kids, and these are specious allegations, then stand your ground. 1) You have civil rights too. In order to be cited, there should be proof that you actually did something wrong. 2) § 2709 (d) False reports. If your neighbor is knowingly making false accusations, she is committing a crime. If she is just hallucinating this stuff, then heaven knows what else she is imaging, and she is mentally ill - is she fit to raise her children?
I verified the call with the police station. It is legit.

I don't think the neighbor is purposely making false accusations. Her perception of the situation is that whenever I'm outside, I am watching her. And whenever I have my tablet, I am recording her. She is reporting her perception of the situation. It's been like that since she moved in. I admit that I am outside a lot, and often with my tablet. But my intent has never been to harass her, or the one-million supporters she seems to have.

quincy

I don't think the neighbor is purposely making false accusations. Her perception of the situation is that whenever I'm outside, I am watching her. And whenever I have my tablet, I am recording her. She is reporting her perception of the situation. It's been like that since she moved in. I admit that I am outside a lot, and often with my tablet. But my intent has never been to harass her, or the one-million supporters she seems to have.
There is often little you can do about crazy neighbors.

Wait to receive the citation and address it at that time.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Frankly, this is sounding creepy.

What is she doing? Blogging about you on social media?

If she is, then perhaps she is the one stalking you - it does sound like she is paying undue attention to your movements.

LdiJ

You guys don't understand. My career is over. I have a job that requires a 100% clean criminal record at all times. Even charges that have been dropped or dismissed will count against me. Even with the smallest fine and no jail time, my life (as I knew it before) is ruined. I'm one of those rare people who refuses to ever do any other kind of work, so this will be the cause of my "retirement" at the age of 43. I also have no extra money stashed away. I am 100% sure that I will become homeless and impoverished for the rest of my life.
Then why in the world were you so stupid as to be outside with your tablet when you knew that your neighbor thought you were spying on her? Why weren't you smart enough to just stay in the fricking house?

PayrollHRGuy

Then why in the world were you so stupid as to be outside with your tablet when you knew that your neighbor thought you were spying on her? Why weren't you smart enough to just stay in the fricking house?
So because he has a crazy neighbor he can't go outside? Are you nuts LdiJ? If it were just a little bit warmer I'd be sitting outside with my iPad posting this message. And I'll be damned if I would allow a crazy neighbor to stop me.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

Seriously?

Why the frick would I stay in the fricking house and not enjoy relaxing with my fricking tablet in MY (emphasis MY) fricking front yard just because of some fricking lunatic neighbor and some cop's fricking BS?

Cite me all you want Sgt Stedenko and see if you can make it stick in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">