• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

So because he has a crazy neighbor he can't go outside? Are you nuts LdiJ? If it were just a little bit warmer I'd be sitting outside with my iPad posting this message. And I'll be damned if I would allow a crazy neighbor to stop me.
If he has a career that he will lose if there is the slightest blemish on his record then yes, he needs to protect himself from crazy neighbors and the like.

PayrollHRGuy

If he has a career that he will lose if there is the slightest blemish on his record then yes, he needs to protect himself from crazy neighbors and the like.
If the neighbor is that crazy then there are other actions he should be taking to protect himself and whatever career he might have.

And as has been mentioned here there security clearances don't get yanked for using your tablet in your own yard.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Then why in the world were you so stupid as to be outside with your tablet when you knew that your neighbor thought you were spying on her? Why weren't you smart enough to just stay in the fricking house?
The neighbor does not have a restraining order.
The neighbor does not have proof, or at least has not shown any proof in a court of law that Eric is a stalker.

The neighbor may yet obtain an emergency (temporary) restraining order, at which point the correct advice to Eric would be to abide by the terms of the restraining order, retain a lawyer, and fight in court against it becoming permanent. And I think that Eric needs to consider in such a case getting security cameras to "prove" that indeed he is minding his own business. (He might also consider the possibility that he is the one being stalked.) And believe me, the crazy neighbor will complain about the security cameras that are pointed exclusively at his own yard. Which will hopefully help prove her craziness.

We are supposed to have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. Eric has not been found guilty in a court of law.

Eric7100

Frankly, this is sounding creepy.

What is she doing? Blogging about you on social media?

If she is, then perhaps she is the one stalking you - it does sound like she is paying undue attention to your movements.
Yes, she established a neighborhood blog about me on social media. She posts pictures and videos of me in my garage, driveway, yard, and on the street (especially if I am using my tablet). She got the whole neighborhood to turn against me, like blind sheep, not because they're saying that I'm doing anything directly to them, but because they're concerned about what I'm supposedly doing to her.

Eric7100

Then why in the world were you so stupid as to be outside with your tablet when you knew that your neighbor thought you were spying on her? Why weren't you smart enough to just stay in the fricking house?
Because I didn't think that I was doing anything wrong.

PayrollHRGuy

Then you need to start taking legal action against her now. If your career is so tied up with having an unblemished record her defamation of you might well hurt you.

And if she is taking a publishing all of these photos what could she possibly say you are doing that is any worse?

Eric7100

Then you need to start taking legal action against her now. If your career is so tied up with having an unblemished record her defamation of you might well hurt you.

And if she is taking a publishing all of these photos what could she possibly say you are doing that is any worse?
She thinks I'm recording her and her kids through their open windows, and when they are outside in their yard.

Eric7100

Because you likely aren't. But just for the record, what are you doing with your tablet when you are in the yard?
I'm usually on the Internet. I almost never use it for pictures or videos. That is what she, other neighbors, and the police have assumed.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes, she established a neighborhood blog about me on social media. She posts pictures and videos of me in my garage, driveway, yard, and on the street (especially if I am using my tablet). She got the whole neighborhood to turn against me, like blind sheep, not because they're saying that I'm doing anything directly to them, but because they're concerned about what I'm supposedly doing to her.
Get a lawyer.

Have the lawyer send her a cease and desist letter.

She has been at the very least engaging in a form of defamation libel, with a bit of stalking. She needs to be told to stop those activities lest you take legal action in the form of a restraining order. Or more.

adjusterjack

Get a lawyer.

Have the lawyer send her a cease and desist letter.

She has been at the very least engaging in a form of defamation libel, with a bit of stalking. She needs to be told to stop those activities lest you take legal action in the form of a restraining order. Or more.
Agree. It's time to get pro-active even if you end up filing a private nuisance lawsuit against her. A lawsuit may be the best way of getting her to shut up.

Unless you want to sell your house and move.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
She thinks I'm recording her and her kids through their open windows, and when they are outside in their yard.
This is known as "projecting". :rolleyes:

She is recording you through your open windows and doors (garage) and when you are outside in your yard.

Every defamatory/slanderous post needs to be reported starting now.

Eric7100

This is known as "projecting". :rolleyes:

She is recording you through your open windows and doors (garage) and when you are outside in your yard.

Every defamatory/slanderous post needs to be reported starting now.
Reported to who? The police are the ones who told me about the blog, and they also told me that they have encouraged her to record me when I'm outside, in order to establish "proof" of what she claims I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">