• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylene

All these are good ideas, but let's look at the other side. It is indeed QUITE possible for a community to take a set against a completely innocent community member. That's like the plot of some of the greatest America works of literature. Ever hear of Boo Radley? That's not some rando situation that's only in a book.

I find it completely realistic that the people of a community in a notoriously parochial state like Pennsylvania would continue to make life difficult for a member judged guilty in the court of public opinion, no matter how outlandish the accusations.

That is something that Eric7100 needs to think about in how winnable this fight could be.

quincy

Perhaps if you want to sit outside with your tablet, the tablet can be hidden behind a book to avoid the wrath of the neighbor.

A book on "The Victims Legal Guide to Bullying and Harassment" might be a good choice. :)

You can report the online blog postings to the web host and to the police.

The simple harassment you started with is getting more complicated (and a bit less believable) the more you write, Eric.

I suggest you personally review all facts with an attorney in your area, either once you are issued a citation or now.

xylene

I'm beginning to think, perhaps unknowingly, that you are in fact doing something that is legitimately alarming to your neighbor.

Just Blue

Seriously?

Why the frick would I stay in the fricking house and not enjoy relaxing with my fricking tablet in MY (emphasis MY) fricking front yard just because of some fricking lunatic neighbor and some cop's fricking BS?

Cite me all you want Sgt Stedenko and see if you can make it stick in court.
I fricking love this fricking answer!!:love:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Reported to who? The police are the ones who told me about the blog, and they also told me that they have encouraged her to record me when I'm outside, in order to establish "proof" of what she claims I am doing.
The point of a police report in such a case is to establish documentation of incidents, so that you have proof if you go to court.

If you have a police department that is giving your neighbor this advice, then it will likely not be contested that she has been engaging in this behavior. However, you still have to document it.

While you yourself lack a printer, you can print things (limited pg #) at the library. You can also get photos printed (8x10 is close to standard page size).

Since you do not use the camera function of your tablet, why not use a cover that really obviously covers the camera?

Eric7100

Perhaps if you want to sit outside with your tablet, the tablet can be hidden behind a book to avoid the wrath of the neighbor.

A book on "The Victims Legal Guide to Bullying and Harassment" might be a good choice. :)

You can report the online blog postings to the web host and to the police.

The simple harassment you started with is getting more complicated (and a bit less believable) the more you write, Eric.

I suggest you personally review all facts with an attorney in your area, either once you are issued a citation or now.
The police already know about the blog, and they are the ones who alerted me to it.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I'm one of those rare people who refuses to ever do any other kind of work, so this will be the cause of my "retirement" at the age of 43. I also have no extra money stashed away. I am 100% sure that I will become homeless and impoverished for the rest of my life.
The above-bolded statements make you look unhinged. You are saying you would rather be homeless than work in a different field -- that is NOT the statement of a rational person. Which makes me wonder if the neighbor has a point.

LdiJ

The neighbor does not have a restraining order.
The neighbor does not have proof, or at least has not shown any proof in a court of law that Eric is a stalker.

The neighbor may yet obtain an emergency (temporary) restraining order, at which point the correct advice to Eric would be to abide by the terms of the restraining order, retain a lawyer, and fight in court against it becoming permanent. And I think that Eric needs to consider in such a case getting security cameras to "prove" that indeed he is minding his own business. (He might also consider the possibility that he is the one being stalked.) And believe me, the crazy neighbor will complain about the security cameras that are pointed exclusively at his own yard. Which will hopefully help prove her craziness.

We are supposed to have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. Eric has not been found guilty in a court of law.
I completely agree. However, that has nothing to do with my point. My point is that one is stupid not to protect oneself from known crazy, if they are actually in a career that will be totaled by the slightest blemish. I didn't say that his career would be over, HE did. He specifically said that this citation alone meant that his career was over. I cannot imagine why someone wouldn't protect themselves in a circumstance like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">