• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chances of getting primary?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarabara

HOw many times did you text him after the protection order? How many times did you question him about things the children told you -- in those texts? Or in person or in emails or whatever?
Uhmm... we co-parent so we text about the kids LOL but he violates it by sending me other things which I pursue.

And, why does it matter how many times? I address the issue in concern for the kids and he could careless.

sarabara

Yet you stayed and had two children with him. So when did you decide being a stay at home mom wasn't what you wanted? Before or after the children came? I could continue. Oh and emergency custody? That ship has sailed if he currently has 60/40. YOU are NOT helping yourself. Not at all.
Uhmm, I wanted a job to add more income to the household, and because he was controlling the money. He had left us without water turned on and groceries whenever he would get mad. He was controlling and abusing me. It isnt easy as 123 to leave an abusive relationship, and I am lucky I got out.

So keep continuing.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
i am not trying to. i clearly am working with him right now and for t he past 2 months! I NEVER deny him time with them

So**************..just go to meditation and give him 50/50 custody? :/ Thats my only option.
Have you thought about a) offering to pay for co-parenting classes you attend together and/or b) asking the court to order MyFamilyWizard as a means to communicate?

The first would show the court that you're absolutely willing to do just about anything to encourage the coparenting relationship, and the second .. well, that can save your sanity. And the court can access MyFamilyWizard, too (which in and of itself can silently "persuade" parents to play nicely).

sarabara

Have you thought about a) offering to pay for co-parenting classes you attend together and/or b) asking the court to order MyFamilyWizard as a means to communicate?

The first would show the court that you're absolutely willing to do just about anything to encourage the coparenting relationship, and the second .. well, that can save your sanity. And the court can access MyFamilyWizard, too (which in and of itself can silently "persuade" parents to play nicely).

absolutely would do both of those! i'd prefer the myfamilywizard actually.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

CTU please get this woman to understand.

sarabara

Lol! I dont need some random internet person to "make me" understand. I AM all for working together to have our kids have two parents. he is NOT working wth me though but against me. i do not alienate him or deny time with him.

by putting things in their heads they've never said before, he is essentially alienating me because he isnt happy i left him

sarabara

lol

i completely understand, but i cant make him understand that he needs to set aside his dire need to control me, and just do what is best for the kids by letting them live their lives without being told things

sarabara

I am willling to do whatever to work together, but i have legitimate concerns about his ability to not manipulate them, and encourage a relationship with me as well as I do for him for the kids. I always hype the kids up for going to his house, so they never feel guilty or shame.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
At the risk of repeating myself...why do you lie to your children?
You tell them that you and your ex love each other...but you don't. There are age-appropriate ways of communicating the situation that don't involve lying.

sarabara

At the risk of repeating myself...why do you lie to your children?
You tell them that you and your ex love each other...but you don't. There are age-appropriate ways of communicating the situation that don't involve lying.

he has told them the same thing. im sure there are parts of us that love each other and always will, afterall we had children together. we just didn't work.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
he has told them the same thing. im sure there are parts of us that love each other and always will, afterall we had children together. we just didn't work.
Yet you think he is a horrible person and yet you act like he does in certain things. Shouldn't you rise above and do something better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">