• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eye doctor deliberately misdiagnose....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

There are doctor/patient confidentiality laws that prevent a doctor from discussing a patient with anyone without that patient’s written consent.

I am sorry you don’t find me intelligent. It probably is a good thing my ego does not rely on your assessment. ;)
Fixed that for you. ;)

zddoodah

This incident did not occur to me. It occurred to a relative of mine. So the story is true.
I'm baffled by the logic here. While we have no reason to doubt your relative's veracity, we also have no reason to assume blindly that everything he or she told you and which you have reinterpreted for purposes of this thread is 100% accurate and unbiased. By the way, I'm assuming that you weren't personally present for this person's eye exam. Correct?

Did your regular eye exam with the refraction machine?
Huh?

Did not even test for eye pressure with the machine that shoots a puff of air into your eyes.
So? There are now multiple ways to measure intraocular pressure (which helps determine one's risk for glaucoma) that do not involve an air puff.

What's troubling to me is that with the simple eye exam, the doctor disagnosed this person with glucoma. This doctor claimed that this person had a "speck" in the eye. And that was the reason for the diagnosis. This is most likely malpractice.
So...let me get this straight. An optometrist or ophthalmologist diagnosed a relative of yours with glaucoma (not "glucoma") despite not having used the air puff test, and you conclude that this is malpractice? That's one of the most bizarre logical leaps I have ever read. By the way, are YOU an optometrist or ophthalmologist?

this person valued my opinion more than the doctor's
Yikes....

there is no damage and most like no case.
There will be damage if your relative persists in foolishly ignoring medical advice in favor of your advice, but that will be his/her own fault, so you can consider yourself safe from liability.

So i am wondering if this doctor broke the law by deliberately misdiagnosing someone.
Even if we assume this was a misdiagnosis, there is no reason to believe it was intentional.

And i don't have a complaint?
You can complain all you like, but this has nothing to do with you (unless the relative in question is your minor child or a ward over whom you have legal guardianship).

P.S. Just because you're getting responses that don't support what you're claiming doesn't make the folks who are responding trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">