• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

casa

snostar said:
I'll give ONLY you and BL the back road shortcuts. I can pretty much avoid the traffic and don't mind it as long as they are here to empty their wallets into my bank account! ;)
Oh..that's worth it's weight in Gold- ;)

I have a 4X ;) And.... I think you've intrigued me ;) < It can happen!> :eek:

Well the big International Reggae Fest starts there 2006 right? Trinidad bands open? I'll be about 25 mi. from you....Don't MAKE me 'look you up'. :eek: I am a 'crazy blonde', after-all :eek: ;)

Last edited:

casa

Blonde Lebinese said:
Snowstar ,Well I'd Like too , but I haven't been out of the area here in quit awhile .

Oh when I lived in Fl. I loved the ocean . My lunch there was a bag lunch and 2 beers , sitting by the beach watching the foxes :)

Never heard of Mamas , my son might have , he was a trucker .

I'd like some burgers now Please ....... Casa , I can't afford a tic. now , they use to have night flights back in 80's took one from NY to Fl. for 89 bucks I think it was . Left the snow n cold to the dry and hot lol , would ya believe it , just in a few hrs. flight .
Aahhh... check :United, they are fighting to keep in the 'biz' since DIA ;) or online agencies such as cheaptickets.com ...everyone deserves a vacation :D

snostar

Blonde Lebinese said:
Snowstar ,Well I'd Like too , but I haven't been out of the area here in quit awhile .

Oh when I lived in Fl. I loved the ocean . My lunch there was a bag lunch and 2 beers , sitting by the beach watching the foxes :)
Then I just have to come get you out of the back woods! I'm a bit foxy in my yellow bikini ;)

Casa - How come I have heard about this Raggae Fest!?...I'll be there for sure and I'll hook you up ;).

casa

snostar said:
Then I just have to come get you out of the back woods! I'm a bit foxy in my yellow bikini ;)

Casa - How come I have heard about this Raggae Fest!?...I'll be there for sure and I'll hook you up ;).
I don't know how you don't know...here in LA it's called the "Carribean Festival" I'm actually a Jazz/Blues fan at heart :eek: but a famous 'uncle' is married to my aunt- so that's that. ;)

I don't guarantee I'll be in a bikini~ but I'll be there nonetheless :p You'll know me....not many very tall blondes there :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
casa said:
Yeah Stealth~ but you are 'happy' transplant. :cool: Some of us die-hard natives......are just that. :)
Nope. Hated SoCal. Tommy's in SoCentral with my bud Jess and tamales from East LA were the only thing that made it palatable. Oh, and..... Berries Ath at the Tech Fac Club.

casa

stealth2 said:
Nope. Hated SoCal. Tommy's in SoCentral with my bud Jess and tamales from East LA were the only thing that made it palatable. Oh, and..... Berries Ath at the Tech Fac Club.
ahh...transplant~ sorry Stealth :cool:

casa said:
I suppose it could go either way~ perhaps I am biased since I live in CA. Our system is so clogged up that you'd better have a darn good reason to take the other parent to court...and typically when the request begins with 'the other parent does blah, blah, blah' the judge gets irked. It's so common for parents to use before &/or after care- and the children do learn by life experience...if all they know is being home with Mom- and not the routine of Dad getting them up, feeding them, dropping them off, picking them up etc...they miss that parenting in the longrun.

Not to mention- the children will still be getting up at 5am!! (or close to that) because the father still has to get them up and drive them to Mom's en route to work- and then what? they go back to sleep for an hour? or they watch TV or eat breakfast or play (same things they'd be doing at before care?) :cool: Or perhaps OP would rather they don't even go to Dads and not have to wake up that early at all? :rolleyes: See all the places this can go?

My youngest gets up at 5:15am when she's with her Dad so he can commute to take her and then get to work...I would never dream of taking him to court simply because I could do that...we are different, our schedules are different and our child is only enriched by having both experiences. IMO
I'd rather them be with one parent or the other if possible instead of a babysitting environment. I have also offered to meet stepmom at her work in the mornings because she works 10 minutes from where I work and I could pick them up at 7:45 and still get them to school on time. This would give the kids an extra (almost) 2 hours to stay at the house, sleep, eat, whatever - but he refuses that as well!!!
I would be going and picking them up (WITH gas prices where they are) and everything, taking a 30 minutes 'round trip each time to meet her so she doesn't have to go out of her way and she can just go straight to work - but he refuses this as well. Humm..

LdiJ said:
Ok...I was referring to the school after care programs, they usually cut off at a certain age. Also, I know that in many states that before/after care programs cut off at age 13...even when they aren't school programs.

I can certainly understand why dad wants to make his own decisions on his time. I sympathize with that. However, I honestly don't believe that its reasonable for a child to be in before/after school care if the other parent is available to provide the care....and particularly when its of no inconvience to the parent whose time it is, to drop off/pick up the children. In this case, particularly the before school care, since the children have to be there so early. It is making life unnecessarily hard on the kids.

I also have seen many judges make orders allowing the other parent to provide daycare on the parent's time. Therefore I honestly don't think its an issue that a judge would consider to be petty. Mom may not win, but I don't think the judge is going to view it as petty. I think she is justified in trying...and I would think that a father in the same position was also justified in trying.
My attorney does say I have a good chance at winning the argument on daycare etc because the way the courts look it at is this way... if there is a parent able to watch the kids, it comes first - then grandparents - then relatives and stepparents - then friends of the family -then only then, babysitters.

And father wanted to let his mother watch kids last year instead of putting them in daycare and I didn't object because it's a grandparent and not a daycare.. but he doesn't give me the same respect in return.
It's only when it benefits him.

eyemback

concernedmom4ki said:
My attorney does say I have a good chance at winning the argument on daycare etc because the way the courts look it at is this way... if there is a parent able to watch the kids, it comes first - then grandparents - then relatives and stepparents - then friends of the family -then only then, babysitters.
And be prepared for your ex to argue that it's really none of the courts business to intrude on HIS parenting time. Just like it's none of their business or authority to intrude onto your parenting time. If neither of you have been proven unfit, then it's none of their business.
And there are valid legal arguments that can be made.

LdiJ

eyemback said:
And be prepared for your ex to argue that it's really none of the courts business to intrude on HIS parenting time. Just like it's none of their business or authority to intrude onto your parenting time. If neither of you have been proven unfit, then it's none of their business.
And there are valid legal arguments that can be made.
I am sorry, but that is an incredibly stupid argument, and certainly not one that an attorney would use.....not unless the attorney wanted to seriously irritate the judge... :rolleyes: The OP needs to listen to her attorney. Her attorney knows the local judge and how the judge is likely to rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">