• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General questions for pursuing physical custody.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? A 13 year old home alone with a toddler? You're really comfortable with that? What neighborhood do you live in? Regardless if a thirteen year old is capable of watching our daughter then why can't I? Why not allow even parenting time over the summer .... what's wrong with that?

Last edited:

Anything besides me stepping aside and allowing mom to determine the terms of my relationship with our daugher is sighworthy to bluemeanie

Just Blue

Really? A 13 year old home alone with a toddler? You're really comfortable with that? Regardless if a thirteen year old is capable of watching our daughter then why can't I? Why not allow even parenting time over the summer .... what's wrong with that?
My children are 13 years apart in age...And yes!! My elder daughter watched my little one when she was 13. Oh. My. God.!!

They are both alive and doing very well!!

You Sir...Are a dolt. I would not allow you to care for a goldfish. IMHO.

CJane

Grandma went shopping for a few hours - not reason enough to alternate weeks in the summer.

A 13 year old is perfectly capable of keeping an eye on a 2 year old for a few hours. The children in my household are 17, 14, 14, 11, 8, 8, and 7. They stay home alone together in varying combinations, and for varying lengths of time. No one has died, burned the house down, or been maimed yet. And only one of them went to preschool (the horror)!

Why did you need to come into Mom's house, when Mom wasn't home, and get a coat for your 2 year old IN THE SUMMER?

Stay out of Mom's house. Acknowledge that what Mom chooses to do on Mom's time - unless imminently dangerous to the child - is Mom's business, not yours. Be a good parent on YOUR court ordered time, and accept that Mom is a good parent on hers.

Just Blue

Grandma went shopping for a few hours - not reason enough to alternate weeks in the summer.

A 13 year old is perfectly capable of keeping an eye on a 2 year old for a few hours. The children in my household are 17, 14, 14, 11, 8, 8, and 7. They stay home alone together in varying combinations, and for varying lengths of time. No one has died, burned the house down, or been maimed yet. And only one of them went to preschool (the horror)!

Why did you need to come into Mom's house, when Mom wasn't home, and get a coat for your 2 year old IN THE SUMMER?

Stay out of Mom's house. Acknowledge that what Mom chooses to do on Mom's time - unless imminently dangerous to the child - is Mom's business, not yours. Be a good parent on YOUR court ordered time, and accept that Mom is a good parent on hers.
My 13 yo watched my 3 month old for 2 hours!! Wow...:D

My children are 13 years apart in age...And yes!! My elder daughter watched my little one when she was 13. Oh. My. God.!!

They are both alive and doing very well!!

You Sir...Are a dolt. I would not allow you to care for a goldfish. IMHO.
I didn't ask for your personal opinion of me ..... thankfully our judge holds me in much higher regards. Again I ask you if a 13 year old can watch our daughter whats wrong with extra parenting time for dad in the summer? You gonna give a legitimate and intellectual answer or try another round of insults keyboard warrior?

Ma'am you are assuming grandma was gone for only a few hours, I never said as much and neither did they. Our daughter always has a cold so we always carry a jacket in the event the temp drops at night. How you choose to raise your children is your doing, I really didn't ask for parental advice just legal. Unless 17, 14, 14, 11, 8, 8, and 7 is the next president or up and coming Einstein your way is no more right than mine. I go into moms house every time I pick up our daughter to get her ready if she isn't already. Theres no protection order theres no malice .... I've even been there for birthday parties and such, imagine that.

Just Blue

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/mother-constantly-threatening-me-court-way-stripping-me-time-my-608634.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/mother-constantly-threatening-me-court-way-stripping-me-time-my-608634.html
Everything in that thread said I was DOA unless I hired counsel. Clearly that wasn't the case, I've gotten what I was asking for .... plan on continuing that trend.

Proserpina

Really? A 13 year old home alone with a toddler?
Yep.

You're really comfortable with that?
Yep.

What neighborhood do you live in?
LOL that's a really dumb question, but I'll answer anyway. I was raised in a very "poor" housing estate ("projects" in the US), and I regularly - and I do mean REGULARLY - had to look after wee ones. By the time the eldest was 7, I was 16 there were at least 6 more little 'uns running around. It's called "family". It's called "helping out". It's called "a few hours of time to myself".

Regardless if a thirteen year old is capable of watching our daughter then why can't I? Why not allow even parenting time over the summer .... what's wrong with that?
To be perfectly honest, you're not exactly coming across as a stable adult. I'd probably pick the 13 year old before you.

Sorry.

Proserpina

I didn't ask for your personal opinion of me ..... thankfully our judge holds me in much higher regards. Again I ask you if a 13 year old can watch our daughter whats wrong with extra parenting time for dad in the summer? You gonna give a legitimate and intellectual answer or try another round of insults keyboard warrior?

^^^^ You really don't have any room to criticize anyone here. Are you sure you're actually mentally stable enough?

Yep.

Yep.

LOL that's a really dumb question, but I'll answer anyway. I was raised in a very "poor" housing estate ("projects" in the US), and I regularly - and I do mean REGULARLY - had to look after wee ones. By the time the eldest was 7, I was 16 there were at least 6 more little 'uns running around. It's called "family". It's called "helping out". It's called "a few hours of time to myself".

To be perfectly honest, you're not exactly coming across as a stable adult. I'd probably pick the 13 year old before you.

Sorry.
You guys are hilarious ..... judging and individual off of internet interactions, ground breaking stuff.

Last edited:
^^^^ You really don't have any room to criticize anyone here. Are you sure you're actually mentally stable enough?
I'm a pretty successful man professionally and academically. I am also a damn good father .... our judge agrees although the keyboard warriors do not :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">