• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmas husband trying to put her in a home!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Rest at ease - you have to do a lot more than misdemeanor battery in this state to get arrested.

Ilynat

Yes this is cali I’m talking about this place is ... cops don’t care unless they see you doing it.. even then you get a slap on the wrist.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes this is cali I’m talking about this place is ... cops don’t care unless they see you doing it.. even then you get a slap on the wrist.
That doesn't mean it's not a crime. It simply means that the legislature has tied the hands of law enforcement.

Ilynat

Yes, but it would be enough to get a restraining order. And a RO would be counter productive in OP's situation.
It’s kinda hard to get a restraining order here sadly we’ve tried for various reasons.. we shall see though the outcome.

Ilynat

Doesn't sound like you have grounds for one. Your grandmother's husband, on the other hand, certainly has grounds for a restraining order.
I’m not talking about this situation I’m talking about other situations. Even with assault it’s been hard to get one in the past.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You’re the one that keeps on bringing up that part like... lol ok
You keep attacking me. I said nothing until this last that wasn't fact. I don't know your IQ but you are acting like a moron with your comments. Try to act like a rational, educated adult. Try comprehending that I did not attack you but stated facts. There was no bullying. You don't understand the law. You don't understand reality. You are, quite frankly, pathetic. Your mom broke the law and committed assault. That is FACT. Arrest her? Grow up. I am an attorney. You however shouldn't be responsible for a carrot.

Ilynat

You keep attacking me. I said nothing until this last that wasn't fact. I don't know your IQ but you are acting like a moron with your comments. Try to act like a rational, educated adult. Try comprehending that I did not attack you but stated facts. There was no bullying. You don't understand the law. You don't understand reality. You are, quite frankly, pathetic. Your mom broke the law and committed assault. That is FACT. Arrest her? Grow up. I am an attorney. You however shouldn't be responsible for a carrot.
Ah yes because you sound like such a good person. Look in the mirror please lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">