• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hey Bloopy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

Hooray!! TCOOL GETS IT!! I am gonna have Silverplum make you a "special" pudding!! :cool:
"special" pudding?? I don't know whether to be excited or scared. :p
As you have been informed, Rum Pudding IS the special pudding. :D I do take special requests, but since you like Rum best, Rum Pudding is what you shall have. An entire bucketful -- Congratulations! :D

Now that I have done my good deed for the day, and April 1 is far away, I intend to fritter and frolic my way! ;)

JakeTheDad

I'd have to agree with that. When I made my original post I got torn apart by a few people, and guess what. I have primary custody of my daughter now. So I'd have to thank those people for that, and ofcourse I'd have to thank the ones who were a little nicer too. I think the experts here are harsh when they see something seriously wrong with the way things look for a person. And, how are they supposed to know it's a serious problem if they are nice about it? Seriously, if someone see's me doing or saying something that is going to destroy my case in court I hope to god they come up to me and beat the crap out of me to get the point across. I'd rather get ripped apart here than get ripped apart by a judge in court.
I am also a newbie here, and completely agree with TCOOL. My very first post was about taking son out of school to Disney. And if it wasn't for all of the responders who offered their opinions,(posititve & negative), I would not have been fully prepared in court. Because of all of you who offered your expertise & opinions, I was FULLY prepared to argue my case, and because of that, the judge is allowing the trip. (Doesn't hurt to have a great attorney either!) So, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR DEDICATION TO THIS SITE!

TinkerBelleLuvr

Jake, thanks for the update. I was curious. Would be nice if more posters UPDATED their original post with a court outcome. Helps to see if we did give a real outcome or not.

JakeTheDad

Jake, thanks for the update. I was curious. Would be nice if more posters UPDATED their original post with a court outcome. Helps to see if we did give a real outcome or not.
A real outcome indeed, Ex argued about son missing school saying grades would drop, which is understandable.
Prior to court hearing, my atty spoke with school principal & gave principal subpoena. Principal took the stand, supplied grades & test scores, encouraged trip & offered to get assignment plan from teachers for son to work on during Christmas break. That'l work!
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!

JacobJoel

Yeah, sometimes people are a little over the top here and i appreciate that it has been discussed.

but you all know what? even those that clash, can clash horridly on one thread and be solidly back to back, united, on another. it's a true give and take society here. feedback freely given and recieved.

'those who clash' = anyone who has had more then two posts and stayed longer then two days.

I have actually sent this site to pastors and people who moderate 'religious' boards.

why? so they can see debate, heated discussions, disagreements and even anger in an enviroment where the people are mature and proactive in the way they deal with it.

some strains of thought are that we have to be all lovey dovey/touchy feely to be real or, in some cases, represent our religious beliefs. that's a crock.

yes, i think sometimes people are to harsh to quick. sometimes i even send soothing notes of encouragement pm's. however, we understand life is hard and not everyone is going to like me or be kind to me.

it's how i deal with it that will either propel me forward or hold me back.

for the what it is worth file

Last edited:

JakeTheDad

WHAT?! The principal took the stand? :eek: That's some serious trip business. LOL thanks for updating. It is good to hear about outcomes.

My daughter just went home yesterday after a week-long visit and her 2nd grader brought his school work with him.

Can I ask what the judge said when making his decision?
After the principal left the courtroom, Ex took the stand and basically disagreed with everything the principal stated. She kind of destroyed her credibility(my lawyer jokes that if you let her talk long enough, she will do herself in- and she did) Her attorney made a comment about Ex wanting to take son on her own vacation to Disney in the spring, during school. So the judge was not buying her plea of not wanting him to miss school. Judge told Ex that I am capable of overseeing son's schoolwork and that there is plenty of time to complete the work over Christmas holiday. Also, Principal stated that he already talked to son's teacher and he will not be introducing new material during this week. Principal was great, he had all sons test scores, progress reports etc.. I don't think the judge could find any reason for son not to go.

milspecgirl

i think a lot of times if newbies would just read the threads that pertain to what they are asking, they will get the answers to most of their questions. Sometimes answering the same thing over and over- because there case is sooo different- gets old

Humusluvr

i think a lot of times if newbies would just read the threads that pertain to what they are asking, they will get the answers to most of their questions. Sometimes answering the same thing over and over- because there case is sooo different- gets old
I think that many posters think that because the drama of each case changes, that the legal outcome will change too. That's why they post the drama ridden stories, hoping for a different (and warm and fuzzy) outcome.

I have learned a lot by sticking around and just reading.

The seniors could have been wayyyyyyyy harder on me. The way I presented my story here made me sound like a knocked up, baby mama, freeloader, run away peice of crap. (and I HAVEN'T deleted my original threads, if you'd like to see) If I presented my case in court in the state of mind that I was in when I first posted, a judge probably would have laughed in my face. Now, I have a much better feeling of what I'm in for.... so a sincere thank you to those who contribute here.

I have also learned about mama drama, daddy drama, there is no "we" in step-parents, the magic uterus, pudding, and a LOT of legal terminology. A lot of what "newbies" post here makes me laugh, and a lot makes me thankful that I'm not in that situation.

So, when I began I thought I had the most unique situation, and I learned that there are a lot of uniques out there. But I know that if I ask a legal question, somewhere in the thread, I will get a legal answer.

osmosis

Couldn't the admins just correct the settings to disallow any member group under "Senior Member" from deleting posts? That would solve the entire "Don't like the answer, delete your thread" issue.

Then if the question-asker needs to have the thread removed for whatever reason, it would be up to the SMs to take care of it for them at their discretion.

Just a thought. Probably off-topic by now. :p

For the record, I heart Ohio & Bay. These evil women have helped me in many ways! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">