• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtClerk

Are they forced to see this hatred spewing from you on a daily basis?
My child knows that the only person I am willing to go to jail over is him. Meaning, should anyone dare to violate him or hurt him, I'll be needing to hire an attorney. You can call it hate, you can call it what you want to, but my kid knows that hell will fall on someone's head should they cross that line.

tln6801

Being new to this site, I do not know how to navigate (respond to certain posts) as well as "the seniors" do. My comment on spewing hatred goes to all of the, as you call yourselves "child advocates" who claim to be interested in the safety of children, but use attack methods as a way of trying to force people to "understand" your cause. It in not necessary for me to understand your views of your cause or agree with you. In fact, I strongly dissagree with your methods. It simply does not work. People who come on this site, do so looking for help. And your tactics of attack, put people on defense and prohibits their finding the help they are seeking.
If your heart is true in the love of children, then you should be reaching out to these parents with love and guide them to professional resources that will help them to understand what needs to be done to help their children.
In a moment of weakness, I came to this site. I realize now, that was a mistake. My family needs help that promotes love and healing, not shame and attack.
I do admire you passion, however I think you and your buds should call a meeting and re-dedicate your selves to being a positive force in child advocacy. You could make a difference in the lives of many children if you were to help people by offering to guide them to reliable resources for the help they are seeking.
With that being said, you all can put your little minds to rest knowing that my daughter is "safe". Now, I must go speak to my sons attorney, because despite being the "shameful" mother you try to make me out to be, I do love him the same way I love my daughter AND will fight, with that same love, to protect his future, just as I do hers.

cyjeff

You have a stepson that is being pursued in two states for an improper relationship with another of your children.

We are ALWAYS going to concern ourselves more with the victim than the predator.

I am shocked and appalled at your attitude towards this entire episode. Further, have you even THOUGHT about how the victim feels here?

Not only is she a victim, but the adult role models closest to her are, at best, minimizing her trauma or, at worst, reinforcing the feeling of helplessness and worthlessness that such an attack produces.

The victim needs counseling. I suggest you look into that as well.

Antigone*

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth...

you've GOT to be kidding me.
This poor excuse of a mother is not worth tossing my cookies over. I hope this poor girl has someone who can do right by her because mom here certainly can't.

...and that is not hatred spewage, it is a FACT.

tln6801

LOL...
You are something else..
I don't care about your judgement. My God will judge me...Let's hope yours does the same to you.

cyjeff

LOL...
You are something else..
I don't care about your judgement. My God will judge me...Let's hope yours does the same to you.
Look on the plus side... you won't have to wait for God's judgment.

A mortal judge will have something to say about your behavior in short order.

I hope that my God will look upon my actions in trying to help the victim of long term sexual abuse favorably... for mine is a compassionate God that raises up the victim while punishing the guilty.

We will just have to see how that works out, huh?

Indiana Filer

Ohio CPS will report this to the IN Dept of Child Services in the county/counties where this felony sex offense occurred. The DCS office will, if they substantiate that the abuse occurred, will refer the case to the county prosecutor and probation. As a juvenile probation officer, I would strongly encourage my prosecutor to file charges against the person who violated this child, and I know my prosecutor will agree. As a disposition/sentencing, I would recommend a long stay at either a sex offender treatment facility or to the IN Dept of Correction Boy's School, which is our prison system for juvenile offenders.

If this mother continues to not protect her child, DCS will remove the girl and put her someplace where she will be safe. It's apparent from reading her posts that this mother is choosing her husband, and by extension his son, over her child. I find it pathetic that anyone would chose a spouse over an innocent child, but then again I have morals and ethics.

Let's pray that you never have a step-child, as you would obviously never be able to love someone elses child as you do your own.
Sorry but those are not the prerequisites for having a step child. Not even close.

If I were you, I would concentrate all my efforts on praying for forgiveness for continuing to put your daughter in harms way. Your God might forgive you... but your daughter may not. I know that I wouldn't.

tranquility

Should the girl be protected? Yes. Should she see a counselor? Yes. Odds are it is not going to be years of therapy. Certainly, sometimes. Here, it is difficult to tell without knowing the symptoms of the girl. There are factors which make this both more and less likely to have symptoms:

More:
--force was used
--the perpetrator was closely related
--the duration of the molestation was long
--she is an older child at assessment

Less:
--there was no penetration
--it was not frequent
--there is maternal support of the victim

All that being said, is it the position of those in the forum that a *mother* should not provide legal support to her *son* who was *accused* of the crime? Really?

cyjeff

All that being said, is it the position of those in the forum that a *mother* should not provide legal support to her *son* who was *accused* of the crime? Really?
In a household containing both accused and victim, the victim's needs win.

tranquility

In a household containing both accused and victim, the victim's needs win.
The victim's needs include failing to provide for the defense of the step brother?

I guess the answer is, yes, really.

I am appalled.

CdwJava

The victim's needs include failing to provide for the defense of the step brother?

I guess the answer is, yes, really.

I am appalled.
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where anyone really said she should not support her son who is accused, but she has a legal - and moral - requirement to protect her minor daughter from further assault. The same legal obligation does not exist for stepmom to financially or morally support her son, the accused.

If mom wants to support the son over the daughter, then she needs to send the daughter to a safe place free from the abuse that she seems to acknowledge has occurred. She is then free to pay for attorneys, hug her stepson, or take whatever actions she feels are appropriate. But in my state (and most others) we tend to remove children from the homes of parents who knowingly place their children in danger from sexual predation. It is mom's failure to protect this young girl that is most appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">