• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother seeking Child Custody. What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you. You are preparing me for tough questions that I could face ahead, so I appreciate.

I wont call myself a smart person, but I don't trust him for what he did with me, but I trust him that he will not harm the child.
Child is small enough to know about alcohol, so this really matters when child starts understanding, speaking and growing up.
I don't want any alcoholic and violence influence on my child when he starts understanding.
You are an idiot if you think someone who is a violent alcoholic will NOT harm a child. Your poor judgment shows that you are either lying or not fit to mother this child.

jkleinsrc

I wont consider ganging up. I don't want to explain you how much he tortured and harrassed me due to which we had to do this.
However, He has not filed about ganging up in the divorce complaint though. Can he use that later against me during child custody issues? How does my family ganging up on him create issues in child custody?

So he has evidence of you and your family ganging up on him. Yeah that can go against you. You have no evidence then it didn't happen. And you left a 10 month old with him -- even though now you are trying to paint him as a violent drunk. If he is a violent drunk, you are a neglectful mother who doesn't deserve to raise a goldfish.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have a question... What ties do you have to a different country (as it is obvious you are not a natural born American)? Do you have any plans to relocate back? That could seriously affect your chances of custody.

As for your current allegations regarding Dad's behavior - that is all they are. Since you have no prooof, it's moot. I would expect Dad to get, atthe very least, joint legal and physical, but with one of you being the primary residential parent. I don't see you getting sole legal or physical custody. Nosireebob.

Just Blue

Thank you. You are preparing me for tough questions that I could face ahead, so I appreciate.

I wont call myself a smart person, but I don't trust him for what he did with me, but I trust him that he will not harm the child.
Child is small enough to know about alcohol, so this really matters when child starts understanding, speaking and growing up.
I don't want any alcoholic and violence influence on my child when he starts understanding.
Just remember MommyDearest...What goes around...comes around. If you are doing what I think you are...You will not like the outcome.

jkleinsrc

He claims he is parent of primary residence. How come?

I have a question... What ties do you have to a different country (as it is obvious you are not a natural born American)? Do you have any plans to relocate back? That could seriously affect your chances of custody.

As for your current allegations regarding Dad's behavior - that is all they are. Since you have no prooof, it's moot. I would expect Dad to get, atthe very least, joint legal and physical, but with one of you being the primary residential parent. I don't see you getting sole legal or physical custody. Nosireebob.

Just Blue

I wont consider ganging up. I don't want to explain you how much he tortured and harrassed me due to which we had to do this.
However, He has not filed about ganging up in the divorce complaint though. Can he use that later against me during child custody issues? How does my family ganging up on him create issues in child custody?
PAy your attorney for the answers:mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How come? Because YOU LEFT THE BABY WITH HIM ... you who have decided that because you are the mother you deserve sole custody for that reason, left the baby with him. And now you are deciding that your MOTHERHOOD matters. Oh and in case that isn't enough to win it for you, you come with stories about how he is such a horrible awful violent drunk and it isn't fair that he could get joint custody ... even though you sainted mother chose to leave the child there -- thus neglecting the child's welfare IF we are to believe what you are saying. He is a horrible violent drunk but you are a neglectful mother who finds other things more important than your child. IF we believe you and everything you have said.

What a picture you paint of yourself.

OH and we realize you haven't answered the questions... from what country are you and are you planning to move back and flee with the child?

jkleinsrc

For a minute, lets forget about the entire chain, i just want to know this
Don't the courts generally award custody to mothers if mother is not violent, does not have any cases against her, has no criminal record. Isn't it in the best interest of such a child.
What people tell me is that mostly mother gets custody. My Attorney tries to scare me sometimes, hence I am on this forum.
Are there many cases these days where father gets joint physical custody of such a small infant??

Last edited:

jkleinsrc

I am from Nepal and not at all planning to move back there. Child's father is from the same country as mine.

How come? Because YOU LEFT THE BABY WITH HIM ... you who have decided that because you are the mother you deserve sole custody for that reason, left the baby with him. And now you are deciding that your MOTHERHOOD matters. Oh and in case that isn't enough to win it for you, you come with stories about how he is such a horrible awful violent drunk and it isn't fair that he could get joint custody ... even though you sainted mother chose to leave the child there -- thus neglecting the child's welfare IF we are to believe what you are saying. He is a horrible violent drunk but you are a neglectful mother who finds other things more important than your child. IF we believe you and everything you have said.

OH and we realize you haven't answered the questions... from what country are you and are you planning to move back and flee with the child?

Just Blue

personally i think she should just jack up her attorney bill with all these questions. imho.

Just Blue

Don't the courts generally award custody to mothers if mother is not violent, does not have any cases against her, has no criminal record. Isn't it in the best interest of such a child.
What people tell me is that mostly mother gets custody. My Attorney tries to scare me sometimes, hence I am on this forum.
Are there many cases these days where father gets joint physical custody of such a small infant??
ask your attorney

jkleinsrc

I left the baby with him but at the same time I asked for visitation through my attorney right after leaving the home, so I did not abandon my child. I asked for a lot more time, but since I left the home, of course he will not be giving me much time until we sort out custody issues by law or something like that.. I stayed actively involved in child's life after I left home. I did not neglect him.

jkleinsrc

I didn't even start with complaining about the child's father

since I was asked questions why? I had to mention my reasons.
I am trying to be honest here and I appreciate everyone giving brutal honest responses. I do not mind.
I need honest opinion on what all I can do to get the child custody.

Sorry, my communication in English might not be the best and some messages might not come across in a right way, but I am seeking help here in terms of how can I get custody.

I don't intend to blame my husband here on forums, I simply want my child's custody. I am not asking question like
'What can I do so that I get 5000 dollars settlement from him'? I don't want it
I want tips on getting child custody. Looks like I made a mistake leaving the home, but as I explained I asked for child's visitation right after I left so did not neglect the child.

personally i think she should just jack up her attorney bill with all these questions. imho.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes. Fathers get custody or joint custody ALL. THE. TIME. And no, we don't forget about the entire chain. Sorry but no. And neglectful mothers don't get custody from FIT FATHERS. Of which you are neglectful and father is fit. Based on what you have stated and what you have done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">