• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother seeking Child Custody. What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
latigo's lack of...whatever it is... notwithstanding ( ;) ), I do have a serious question.

So often in the past a mother has been told that just because Dad beats on her, this does not mean he'll beat on the child and for that reason she can't restrict Dad's access.

What's different about this thread?
I think the difference is that Mom has told us that she left the kid with Dad - and that he would never hurt the child - but then is going for sole custody because he has abused her (intimating that he is a danger to the kid). Can't have it both ways, IMO.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well that was an interesting read. And for the record, I am NOT Bart Simpson. I can't skateboard that well.

clash050

Apparently the dad posted that he doesn't think this woman posting is his ex and that the situations being similar are a coincidence. *shrug*

clash050

I think the two threads are very very similar.. the key similarity to me was that he mentions that her family is very controlling on the other forum, and on this forum, she mentions that her family yelled at him. Both situations have the mother leaving the marital home, both situations have the boy child left with the dad, both situations have the father filing first, mother asking for visitation, both situations have the mother having two nights per week.. Both situations have citizen issues for the mom.. I dunno. I think that's a LOT of similarities for it to be a coincidence..

What do you think Clash??

Just Blue

I think the two threads are very very similar.. the key similarity to me was that he mentions that her family is very controlling on the other forum, and on this forum, she mentions that her family yelled at him. Both situations have the mother leaving the marital home, both situations have the boy child left with the dad, both situations have the father filing first, mother asking for visitation, both situations have the mother having two nights per week.. Both situations have citizen issues for the mom.. I dunno. I think that's a LOT of similarities for it to be a coincidence..

agreed!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">