• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother seeking Child Custody. What are my options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I didn't even start with complaining about the child's father

since I was asked questions why? I had to mention my reasons.
I am trying to be honest here and I appreciate everyone giving brutal honest responses. I do not mind.
I need honest opinion on what all I can do to get the child custody.

Sorry, my communication in English might not be the best and some messages might not come across in a right way, but I am seeking help here in terms of how can I get custody.

I don't intend to blame my husband here on forums, I simply want my child's custody. I am not asking question like
'What can I do so that I get 5000 dollars settlement from him'? I don't want it
I want tips on getting child custody. Looks like I made a mistake leaving the home, but as I explained I asked for child's visitation right after I left so did not neglect the child.
YOU DID NEGLECT YOUR CHILD IF you left him with someone you claim is a violent drunk. That is neglectful. And that is what you stated you did.

Just Blue

I didn't even start with complaining about the child's father

since I was asked questions why? I had to mention my reasons.
I am trying to be honest here and I appreciate everyone giving brutal honest responses. I do not mind.
I need honest opinion on what all I can do to get the child custody.

Sorry, my communication in English might not be the best and some messages might not come across in a right way, but I am seeking help here in terms of how can I get custody.

I don't intend to blame my husband here on forums, I simply want my child's custody. I am not asking question like
'What can I do so that I get 5000 dollars settlement from him'? I don't want it
I want tips on getting child custody. Looks like I made a mistake leaving the home, but as I explained I asked for child's visitation right after I left so did not neglect the child.
you have been advised. for the rest contact your attorney to get advice on screwing you husband over.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Truthfully if I knew who this OP is, I would be compelled to call CPS on her for neglecting her child. That whole mandatory reporting and HER ADMISSIONS that she has basically left a defenseless child with someone she now claims is a violent drunk. And yes, I am serious.

Just Blue

Truthfully if I knew who this OP is, I would be compelled to call CPS on her for neglecting her child. That whole mandatory reporting and HER ADMISSIONS that she has basically left a defenseless child with someone she now claims is a violent drunk. And yes, I am serious.
One has to wonder if her Attorney (if there is one for this troll) hasn;t already done so...if s/he has heard what we have. ;)

TigerD

So, since this thread has reached its logical conclusion, can we turn to most important part of the thread that was largely overlooked? Of course, I am referring to latigo's non-magical testicles.

DC

PS: Yes this is an intentional hijack before the OP says something that makes us find that information OG would like to have.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So, since this thread has reached its logical conclusion, can we turn to most important part of the thread that was largely overlooked? Of course, I am referring to latigo's non-magical testicles.

DC

PS: Yes this is an intentional hijack before the OP says something that makes us find that information OG would like to have.
I thought most men had magical testicles. More's the pity if latigo doesn't... unless latigo is a girl. (Alice the camel has 10, 9, 8, 7.... 2, 1, no humps... because Alice is a horse... Latigo has 2 magical testicles, 1.... 0.... because Latigo is a girl! -- Girl scout songs have come in handy finally!)

Just Blue

I thought most men had magical testicles. More's the pity if latigo doesn't... unless latigo is a girl. (Alice the camel has 10, 9, 8, 7.... 2, 1, no humps... because Alice is a horse... Latigo has 2 magical testicles, 1.... 0.... because Latigo is a girl! -- Girl scout songs have come in handy finally!)
Although I am wicked glad I only spent one year in GS...

I am very interested in DC's magical testicals...:p

To quote Greese " Tell me more...Tell me more"...:D:p

Proserpina

latigo's lack of...whatever it is... notwithstanding ( ;) ), I do have a serious question.

So often in the past a mother has been told that just because Dad beats on her, this does not mean he'll beat on the child and for that reason she can't restrict Dad's access.

What's different about this thread?

Ladyback1

latigo's lack of...whatever it is... notwithstanding ( ;) ), I do have a serious question.

So often in the past a mother has been told that just because Dad beats on her, this does not mean he'll beat on the child and for that reason she can't restrict Dad's access.

speaking strictly for myself and my opinion: This mom's story is all over the place. There are just too many inconsistencies.

And for me...the whole abuse story did not play into my opinion. She LEFT her child with the child's dad--and now she wants to come back and not allow Dad to have custody. I cannot imagine leaving my children (even now at 14 and 16) with their father--no matter how afraid I was of their father.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

What ladyback said. OP stated there was NO domestic violence at all. She then -- when told her being Mother wouldn't guarantee her custody since Father is fit and such -- came back and stated that but dad chokes her. He has abused her. He is violent. Oh and then a few posts later that he is a drunk and therefore he shouldn't be anywhere near the child. So if we believe mom, she willingly left a child with someone she states is a violent drunk. That makes her neglectful. There wasn't a court order. And by not restricting dad's access, she could have taken the child with her and petitioned for supervised visits. The abuse bit seems to be nothing but a story by a desperate woman. And combine that with her other thread where she wants a green card -- mom gets custody of an American citizen and she therefore thinks that gives her a green card. She wasn't going to file for divorce until she had that it appears from the two threads.

Her credibility is nil quite frankly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">