• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving from Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadowthorn

What diff does it make? But yes, I read all of your excruciating posts, and I still disagree with you and think you are being Evil. Not just stupid, not just rude, but Actually Evil. That's my opinion, and I am allowed to have it. Ldij thinks that Mothers Rule and will bend a post any way she can to allow Mothers To Rule. :rolleyes: And she will tell you that I do the same for Dads. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You don't care what I think. You don't care what anyone thinks. :rolleyes:

That's cool, though, because I won't lose any sleep over this. ;)

Let us know how your daughters turn out without their Dad. Educated people know that girls need their Dads, especially in the teen years. :(
You know, silver, for someone who seems to be constantly berating others for arguing morality on these forums, which as you say are LEGAL forums, you sure haven't presented much of a LEGAL argument.

oh, and I'll capitalize your name when you earn that respect, I don't give respect out freely. From what I've seen, you're simply a mom-basher.

The fact is, she is considering moving, and is looking for LEGAL advice on how to protect her interests, her children's interests, and, from what I've read, their dad's interest as much as possible. As well as looking to see what kind of LEGAL difficulties she will face. Do you often give advice without the entire story? If so, thank whatever deity there is that you're not a judge.

Again, from what I've read, she is not trying to cut dad out of the picture. Granted, she is looking at moving a considerable distance away, but I can't read anything in there that says she doesn't want her children to have a relationship with their dad. If what she says is true, then she's done a damn good job of supporting and nurturing their relationship thus far, why would she stop now?

Silverplum

You registered to spank me? Your first post was for the express purpose of insulting me?

LOL! :p :D

I feel so honored. So hott. I almost never get posters in this much of an uproar. :p

You know, silver, for someone who seems to be constantly berating others for arguing morality on these forums, which as you say are LEGAL forums, you sure haven't presented much of a LEGAL argument.

oh, and I'll capitalize your name when you earn that respect, I don't give respect out freely. From what I've seen, you're simply a mom-basher.

The fact is, she is considering moving, and is looking for LEGAL advice on how to protect her interests, her children's interests, and, from what I've read, their dad's interest as much as possible. As well as looking to see what kind of LEGAL difficulties she will face. Do you often give advice without the entire story? If so, thank whatever deity there is that you're not a judge.

Again, from what I've read, she is not trying to cut dad out of the picture. Granted, she is looking at moving a considerable distance away, but I can't read anything in there that says she doesn't want her children to have a relationship with their dad. If what she says is true, then she's done a damn good job of supporting and nurturing their relationship thus far, why would she stop now?

shadowthorn

You registered to spank me? Your first post was for the express purpose of insulting me?

LOL! :p :D

I feel so honored. So hott. I almost never get posters in this much of an uproar. :p
Actually, my first post was TRYING to get the topic back to LEGAL advice...

spanking you was just a bonus, so don't let your head get too big.

Silverplum

Actually, my first post was TRYING to get the topic back to LEGAL advice...

spanking you was just a bonus, so don't let your head get too big.
You were trying? To get back to legal advice? So you bitched at ME?

So you're a moderator?
A senior member?
An attorney who wants to help here?

LdiJ in disguise? :p She has been awfully ooky to me lately, and would enjoy *yelling* at me, I'm sure.

This is the most FUN I've had all day!!!!! :D

wileybunch

Could that latest missive be a little longer or have a little less white space?? :rolleyes:

We are all mightily intelligent, but none of us are mind-readers. So if you had some big long backstory about how horrible Dad is, but didn't bother to put it out there in the beginning, then you must forgive us for being non-telepathic. ;)
Hehe. Talk about a lot of assuming, too, in what she thinks we think/know.

OP, I for one am not accusing you of everything you are being defensive of, but by your own words you are making getting your husband near to his kids a priority (that is the "good dad" part I'm talking about). I don't think you're being evil, but your kids aren't top priority in this decision (and their dad is even less of a priority). You make it sound like it was decided b/c your kids are older they can now handle a long distance relationship w/their father, but your husband's kids are younger and they really should have their dad close by. I can quote it, but you might get mad that I only quote that part and not all of your comments. :p

GaMom0177

Guess you missed the part where I said we discussed giving custody to the dad too huh?

Wow....you either can't read or have the damaging habit of advising based only on one side of the story.

As you are most definitely NOT willing to advise in the best interest of BOTH parties...here out ...I will ignore you entirely.

Wiley...as much as I might not like what he had to say he IS willing to concede that I didn't lie and seems to understand that I'm not "Evil" at least.

Silverplum

Guess you missed the part where I said we discussed giving custody to the dad too huh?

Wow....you either can't read or have the damaging habit of advising based only on one side of the story.

As you are most definitely NOT willing to advise in the best interest of BOTH parties...here out ...I will ignore you entirely.

Wiley...as much as I might not like what he had to say he IS willing to concede that I didn't lie and seems to understand that I'm not "Evil" at least.
How bout your LOGIC problem? Gonna answer THAT? :p

wileybunch

She. ;)
I do think you will be held accountable on some level for moving your girls away from their dad. Something to think about.

nextwife

Actually...educated people know that children need BOTH parents. As a mother I am more in tune with them because I spend more time with them AND have gone through the exact hormonal changes they are and have faced many of the challenges they are AS A FEMALE. Their dad is absolutely necessary for them. And I do not in anyway intend to remove him from their life.

LdiJ gave me advice to something in place through the court systems. That is being biased?

At any rate, at least now I know what I might would have to combat IF (as unlikely as that is) it went to court. Thank you for that at least. And now I know that with the full story I would no doubt stand a very good chance of winning it. So..even though you didn't mean to you were helpful to me. Thanks.

BULL! Being the "same sex parent" does NOT make you MORE important to a young or teen girl!!!!!

My mom was wonderful - as a mother. However, she was herself unaware of what she COULDN'T provide me. As a person who had never had a sense of not fitting in, she never understood the angst of feeling left out. She also never had the same "You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to . . ." attitude. THAT came from DAD. THANK G-D dad was there all the time to make me feel special, to make me feel that I should never allow myself to "settle", that I should strive to be financially independent. Ultimately, it was dad who was my biggest inspiration. I don't know where I'd be today if he hadn't been PHYSICALLY around, to sit and talk to, to surprise me when I was feeling down by taking me to a folk music or jazz concert, to inspire me to study philosophy so he and I could debate it, and so on. Mom was more obsessed with having the perfect, clean and orderly house and just couldn't see the importance of what dad was inspiring in me.

My point is that a mom can't KNOW that HER presence is MORE formative or important than dad's is. It was Dad who made me truly believe I could do ANYTHING.

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

Silver, I have posted both ways on move aways, depending on what reasons are presented. When someone is wanting to move so that they can EAT and KEEP A ROOF over their heads, that is considering the 'best interest' of the children.

The key is the REASONS WHY they want to move away. This mom has worked to foster a relationship with the girls and their father. She's willing to work out a parenting plan. Communication is happening PRIOR to the move. She's willing to go thru the proper channels.

I am one of those move-away moms. The economic reality was that I could NOT provide a proper home for the children I had custody of where I lived. Michigan is at the BOTTOM of the jobs in the US. Sometimes, we all have to sacrifice for the children's sake.

shadowthorn

My personal experience/s are of no matter to you -- This is a LEGAL BOARD, where we discuss the LEGAL ISSUES. Whether or not you ~feel~ that it is good to move your children away from their father is actually a LEGAL issue.
Maybe you should've explored more about this angle...how FEELING about moving and carrying on with her life is a LEGAL issue, instead of just keeping on your stance that mom is evil.

And no, I'm not a moderator, not a senior member...I just peruse these forums more for my own education. I just found your hypocrisy a little too glaring in this post, and couldn't ignore it.

OP: is there anything in your divorce papers about moving/relocating? If not, does someone know if there is a standard law in GA about CPs moving out of state?

GaMom0177

Wiley...I have tried to stay in the area with my ex. I am still trying. Thus far it doesn't look to be that I can. If I didn't have to we would have kept things the way they were.

That should be clear. My husband moved to me. We visited his children. My children are priority to me. My husband is too. My ex is lower on that list but he is too. I'm trying to look out for all of us as much as I can.

The fact is that I'm in a position where I feel I have NO choice but to move. I was looking for legal advice about that and to see if anyone had any ideas. I thought about one last night and again discussed with my ex. We could home school my girls (since the move seems to be at this time unavoidable) and that way they could still be with both parents. As I will hopefully have a job, I can provide the money for the transportation since he is strapped with more children than me. That was my offer by the way. He was against me shouldering it. Even when we talked about the holidays and breaks he did not want me to be the one paying all the expense. I was adamant that I would since it wasn't his choice. In the end, we both decided against homeschooling because we don't think either of us could do a good enough job.

Bottom Line: If I wanted to, I could be what I and apparently you feel is unfair to him. He feels it is more than fair but I disagree and try to watch out for him and my children as much as I can.

Silverplum

Maybe you should've explored more about this angle...how FEELING about moving and carrying on with her life is a LEGAL issue, instead of just keeping on your stance that mom is evil.

And no, I'm not a moderator, not a senior member...I just peruse these forums more for my own education. I just found your hypocrisy a little too glaring in this post, and couldn't ignore it.
Thank you!!! This is THRILLING!!! :D

I have a great suggestion: Why not follow me EVERYWHERE and be my Boswell? You can comment upon my comments, correct me when you feel it necessary, make my lunch. :p

Oh, sorry. You don't know who "Boswell" is, do you? ;)
shadowthorn said:
OP: is there anything in your divorce papers about moving/relocating? If not, does someone know if there is a standard law in GA about CPs moving out of state?
If you plan to Be Large And In Charge, then you might wanna know what you're talking about. Just a hint. ;)

Last edited:

wileybunch

OK, this definitely isn't legal advice, but even if your ex thinks it's "more than fair", that could come from feeling pressured, feeling guilt over his past abuse towards you, etc. That doesn't mean it's more than fair to the girls.

All this talk about mom being more important than dad's, etc. -- children are created (unless helped by adoption or science) by 2 parents for a reason. Both (assuming both take a somewhat active role) are important and provide things for the child the other doesn't and dads with girls are very important for their self esteem (or lack of it in a bad sitch).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">