• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My CIVIL RIGHTS are being violated!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

If HUD advised you to not contact them, I would suggest making all efforts to contact HUD before any further contact with anybody else. As well, whether there are units at another complex may or may not make any difference to the situation so asking them now, in light of the rule you posted, may not be justified and simply tend to cause more problems.

Roomate!

So do you think that I should contact HUD before I let her put in her app? I guess that would be contact even though it is third party? Thanks for the info, this is really a complicated mess! I'm sure the prop manager is used to people that believe every word that she says. And not fight for ANY rights! I will hopefully be going to voc. rehab. to be retrained, I think I will look into the legal dept.!!
Thank you JUSTA!!

justalayman

=Bonnie1964;2471148]So do you think that I should contact HUD before I let her put in her app?
Huh? You really lost me on this. Who putting in what app? I apparently missed something along the way. Please explain.

Application

I had added onto a post, so maybe it didn't get put on there. I got a call this morning from someone that wants to be a roommate. Which would solve everything! Of course I don't think the property manager would approve her! I think that she would come up with anything to deny her application! Plus, that would be contact, even though its third party! I guess that i should just call HUD first before anything!
the girl is like a stepdaughter to me! Shes almost 19 and has been in job corp and is about ready to graduate! she needs a place to live. But right now she is considered a student, then there is special rules and regs for that also!
sorry didn't mean to lose you on that one!

justalayman

but wouldn't this new person have to be qualified by HUD to be able for it to provide a solution for you. It seems like it could frustrate the situation since it simply throw another variable and a lot more questions into the pile.

Roomate would have to Qualify!

Yes she would have to be approved my the housing authority! The run criminal background & credit checks. she doesnt have any bad points agianst her...But yes I think that it would add to the PILE for sure! But it also might add to MY PILE, that I tried everything to resolve the overhoused issue! Definately will call HUD first thing before I do anything else! Back to the drawing board!

justalayman

so, what ever happened to your claim the room was needed for your equipment. That argument and the possibility of a room mate simply do not work together.

I suggest you determine what you are really after, pick a path to reach that result and quit wavering. Going from "I will accept a 1 bedroom" to "I have to have a 2 bedroom" to "maybe a room mate" to "whatever" is not a good idea. Pick a spot and set in it. If you try fighting on multiple justifications, especially when those uses are not compatible with each other, you will most likely lose on all fronts.

I agree

I agree with for sure!
Thanks for your help and ideas...they are appreciated! I have been so focused on all of this! It starting to consume my life! I need to be focusing on getting better so i can get out of this situation, for my future anyway! All of the stress definitely has slowed down my recovery!
Thank you!

HUD asking for a stay! Update!

Just thought i would keep everyone informed of whats going on! I know that this case(whatever it is) is so very complicated at every turn!
I spoke with HUD again this morning as I'm getting very worried about the eviction! They are calling the Property manager for the housing authority asking for a stay!(sounds like I'm being executed). They are asking for them to voluntarily let me stay until the INVESTIGATION is over! If they decline they will be contacting the Justice in my county, to ask for one! Will be calling HUD back later today, to find out what the answer was! so, will let everyone know WHAT THE ANSWER WAS!
I just read an older post, I think from Deana....saying that in rural areas it is difficult to keep these kind of places rented! The closest grocery store (real one) is 27 miles away! I'm really out in the middle of a beautiful nowhere!
If and when I do recover from my injury, I will need to be closer to a town! Voc rehab will be my next step!
Thanks to everyone's interest! You have all actually helped me allot, I've learned how to state things and HOW NOT TO!!
Have a good day all!

justalayman

They are calling the Property manager for the housing authority asking for a stay!(sounds like I'm being executed).
actually execution is part of it only it isn't you that is being executed but the eviction order (or whatever action they are referring to)

when an order is acted upon, it is considered to be executing (as in acting upon) the order and the proper action and term to stop that temporarily would be a stay of execution. That simply means they will not act upon the order for the time being until the stay is lifted.

Update bout HUD! Stay granted!

I will be staying in my apartment until HUDs investigation is over! Then maybe beyond also!
My property manager actually told HUD that I was not disabled! She told them that I have a Post office box that I get my mail in...so, if I can get there...i MUST NOT BE DISABLED!! Wow I cant believe that she said that! That's what my handicapped parking permit is for! As far as that goes the mailbox for this place is a long ways from my apartment. whats the difference? I drive an automatic, thank God! Its my left leg that is so messed up! But, does that mean that ANYONE that leaves their residence is NOT disabled? The man that lives next to me has one leg. He is all over town! Everyday! the man from HUD just said that 'THIS IS LAUGHABLE!

Also, they can't give me a notice like they did for NO CAUSE! In this particular situation, being that I still am on a lease! HUD also said that the property manager would put me on a month to month agreement! He told me NOT TO SIGN anything until this was investigated!

Just wanted to let you know what is happening with all of this! I think I just really educated myself and would be a great property manager with the knowledge that I have obtained!
Great day to all!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In addition to Jeff's questions I wonder if the actual intent of the exercise equipment is to address an obesity problem, if the complications with the broken leg are related to that obesity problem, and whether obesity is considered a disability under the ADA.
Yes under the ADA obesity can be considered a disability. I wrote a 45 page thesis on this subject for law school.

justalayman

a stay is a long way from winning. It just means they cannot throw you out until HUD has an opportunity to investigate and they will investigate both sides of the story.

Long ways from winning!

I realize what that means! I know its just the beginning! That's alright though , because I am ready. What the property manager said to HUD today was a perfect example of being ignorant to the term DISABILITY!
I want to explain something to the person who posted a reply about maybe my broken leg was due to obesity! It wasn't! I'm not near obese! That had nothing to do with how i broke my leg! Also, when i went to Physical therapy, she had me trying to ride a stationary bike, a glide type machine, a stair climber....and weights to try and get strength back in my leg an ankle! So, when my insurance was cut off and had no way to pay for P.T, the therapist suggested these things to get , so I could continue at home!!
Have a good night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">