• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-biological and not legal parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

As for everyone else, I no longer have anything further to say as my situation is looking better in my favor.

And as for new evidence, I don't need someone to enlighten me on my full situation, I know that. I wanted opinions on what I should do based on the basic knowledge of child custody since I has no full grasped my leeway. As almost all of you have been unhelpful except the few who has actually given me options.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're welcome.

ihatepillows

If your husband has agreed, and the biological mother's rights were terminated, its possible an adoption can happen...however, don't assume that dad won't change his mind.

Be careful...until dad signs the paperwork its not a done deal.

Again, until dad signs the paperwork its not a done deal. Don't make any assumptions or get anyone's, particularly the child's hopes up.
Quite understandable, he is a little unpredictable. Though, thank you for the warning.

ihatepillows

Proserpina, you haven't' proved helpful at all.

I know it's not an easy task, I've been trying to for months. Yes, CPS is involved and yes, there is his previous record, as I have said before, of physical abuse to his older children.

I already know this. You are providing no helpful insight.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
As for everyone else, I no longer have anything further to say as my situation is looking better in my favor.
You're done with this forum because it's clear this forum isn't going to give you what you want. Everything else is a lame attempt to "prove" everyone else wrong before you flounce off in a snit.

The fact is, having both parents' rights terminated isn't something that happens in one day, over a weekend, and a subsequent process to start an adoption by you isn't something that would happen concurrently or that quickly.

Nice try. Except, no, not really.

LdiJ

You're done with this forum because it's clear this forum isn't going to give you what you want. Everything else is a lame attempt to "prove" everyone else wrong before you flounce off in a snit.

The fact is, having both parents' rights terminated isn't something that happens in one day, over a weekend, and a subsequent process to start an adoption by you isn't something that would happen concurrently or that quickly.

I think that mom's rights were already terminated years ago...at least that is how it appears.

It appears that at this moment anyway, dad is agreeing to allow her to adopt the child...possibly a stepparent adoption before the divorce is final.

Again though, as I warned her, dad could change his mind.

ihatepillows

You really don't think this has been going on already? Yeah, right, the first opinion I'll get before I start anything will be from a random online forum. If you haven't read previously, this has been going on for months. Evidence doesn't pop up whenever you find it convenient. I'm on my toes wondering if tomorrow I will get to have custody of this child.

The rights of the mother has been terminated years ago, according to my husband, seeing as she hasn't been her daughters life since she was born. My husband is willing to terminate his rights depending on certain circumstances. That enough shows that he doesn't care for his child.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Yes, CPS is involved and yes, there is his previous record, as I have said before, of physical abuse to his older children.
And you never once mentioned that "CPS is involved"--until now. Right.

If you want to lie, fine, but what about somebody with a similar problem who comes here for direction, and finds some BS post about how you magically got everything you wanted just like *snap* that? That's the real concern.

When a thread degenerates into "did not, did too, did not, did too" it's time to lock it. You could invoke the OG Effect and get in the last word and lock the thread to make sure you get the last word--an FA hat trick.

ihatepillows

I think that mom's rights were already terminated years ago...at least that is how it appears.

It appears that at this moment anyway, dad is agreeing to allow her to adopt the child...possibly a stepparent adoption before the divorce is final.

Again though, as I warned her, dad could change his mind.
This is what I'm worried about. :( He still won't go through the paperwork for a few more weeks which leaves room for a change of mind.

ihatepillows

And you never once mentioned that "CPS is involved"--until now. Right.

If you want to lie, fine, but what about somebody with a similar problem who comes here for direction, and finds some BS post about how you magically got everything you wanted just like *snap* that? That's the real concern.

When a thread degenerates into "did not, did too, did not, did too" it's time to lock it. You could invoke the OG Effect and get in the last word and lock the thread to make sure you get the last word--an FA hat trick.
Isn't that obvious? If I didn't have a CPS involved, it'd look even more hopeless on my side. As I've said before, this has been going on for a while. Building my case is the only thing I'm focused on. If you really want to know the tiny tid bits of my business, message me privately.

I will be leaving this thread today as it no longer is useful to me. I was here to tell the progressing outcome to anyone who was particularly interested. This thread isn't meant for someone else, it's meant for my situation. Similar cases can take this information or not, that's up to them.

Banned_Princess

And really, B_P? You should zip it yourself. If Dad wouldn't allow OP to adopt when they were happily married, he's unlikely to do so now that they're getting divorced.

And OP? YOU have NO right to withdraw that child from the school she is in. It's time for you to sit down and shut up.
I dont think the OP is lieing or wrong, I think the situation could go in her favor. I will not say absolutely no, and I am going to say it is quite possible. Daed might have seen the error of his ways and decided to do something right for once in their relationship.

You guys are just trying to be as right as possible, even when you could be wrong.

Ray82

You really don't think this has been going on already? Yeah, right, the first opinion I'll get before I start anything will be from a random online forum. If you haven't read previously, this has been going on for months. Evidence doesn't pop up whenever you find it convenient. I'm on my toes wondering if tomorrow I will get to have custody of this child.

The rights of the mother has been terminated years ago, according to my husband, seeing as she hasn't been her daughters life since she was born. My husband is willing to terminate his rights depending on certain circumstances. That enough shows that he doesn't care for his child.
So you communicated with the father as I previously advised and I don't get a Thank You? :mad:

So much for not being able to communicate with father.

Enjoy your friend that you get to keep around if things go your way. Happy for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">