• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I lose my welfare and section 8 hud housing if i get married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

after he will get a job , then he he will be able to provide help.
He will not be getting a job or legal status. He is a public charge, since he is your husband. Any legal chance he had just went out the window. We will not discuss his misrepresenting himself to obtain the visa. You are committing welfare and housing fraud. You need to report your deceptions to housing and officially to all gov't agencies providing you with support ASAP before your children are taken away and you are put in jail. Further, you will never be able to fund his affidavit of support. You cannot even afford tissues to blow your own nose.

Last edited:

Anysa

...the links?

If you can't read the links, then you should really speak to an attorney.
okay so ....I'm not a part of Housing Choice Voucher Program and what I understood is....that.....no one knows what should I do..... everyone realizes "something"(that I self myself) and that is I commit fraud ...everyone talk ... about the link....
I thought someone here will make me understand how to get over this situation ... but it seems that here I would find the answer at the laywer office.

Silverplum

okay so ....I'm not a part of Housing Choice Voucher Program and what I understood is....that.....no one knows what should I do..... everyone realizes "something"(that I self myself) and that is I commit fraud ...everyone talk ... about the link....
I thought someone here will make me understand how to get over this situation ... but it seems that here I would find the answer at the laywer office.
Alrighty, then.

OHRoadwarrior

Report yourself to all agencies involved. It is likely they will not want to waste further tax dollars prosecuting you and providing foster care for your children. Hubby will likely be deported as soon as the paperwork catches up with him.

Antigone*

Report yourself to all agencies involved. It is likely they will not want to waste further tax dollars prosecuting you and providing foster care for your children. Hubby will likely be deported as soon as the paperwork catches up with him.
She also needs to find a way to support herself now that she may be facing fraud charges. The People of PA should not have to support her and her unable-to-work hubby

OHRoadwarrior

They may or may not, if she does it quick. The system tends to be forgiving because as I mentioned, they do not want to pay for foster care. She may lose her housing. HUD rules allow landlords in complexes to establish their own rules to some extent.

She also needs to find a way to support herself now that she may be facing fraud charges. The People of PA should not have to support her and her unable-to-work hubby

Anysa

He will not be getting a job or legal status. He is a public charge, since he is your husband. Any legal chance he had just went out the window. We will not discuss his misrepresenting himself to obtain the visa. You are committing welfare and housing fraud. You need to report your deceptions to housing and officially to all gov't agencies providing you with support ASAP before your children are taken away and you are put in jail. Further, you will never be able to fund his affidavit of support. You cannot even afford tissues to blow your own nose.
I reported that I'm married..so how I'm committing "welfare and housing fraud"

OHRoadwarrior

I reported that I'm married..so how I'm committing "welfare and housing fraud"
Which you were supposed to do when you were married. Why do you think your caseworker was yelling at you? I am trying to refrain from being snarky, but can you read? Refer to the last certification you sent in to each agency you signed. It clearly outlines you have a limited period of time to immediately report changes in circumstance. I am not going to attempt to asses what was going on in your head, when you and hubby concocted this whole thing. I honestly suspect if he was smart enough to obtain a J1, he was smart enough to manipulate you. Don't allow him to jeopardize the welfare of your children. Report this to each agency ASAP. Again, not to be snarky, regardless of whether you are too dumb to understand this or not, if you do not play dumb to all these agencies, you risk getting in a lot of trouble. The gov't has devoted themselves to protecting people that lack common sense from themselves. I hope this works out for you.

Anysa

Which you were supposed to do when you were married. Why do you think your caseworker was yelling at you? I am trying to refrain from being snarky, but can you read? Refer to the last certification you sent in to each agency you signed. It clearly outlines you have a limited period of time to immediately report changes in circumstance. I am not going to attempt to asses what was going on in your head, when you and hubby concocted this whole thing. I honestly suspect if he was smart enough to obtain a J1, he was smart enough to manipulate you. Don't allow him to jeopardize the welfare of your children. Report this to each agency ASAP. Again, not to be snarky, regardless of whether you are too dumb to understand this or not, if you do not play dumb to all these agencies, you risk getting in a lot of trouble. The gov't has devoted themselves to protecting people that lack common sense from themselves. I hope this works out for you.
he is right next to me....he insn't that type....he loves me and i love him....he's not trying to manipulate me...he want to help me and the kids ..I just writted : I announced the agency.. I told them.... My question left unanswered....:(

Anysa

Mine as well. Interesting how the English changes from one post to the next huh?
My head is hurting after reading this.
I'm very disappointed and frustrated that nobody can answer my question
Everyone places questions and nobody answer to my question

Just Blue

My head is hurting after reading this.
I'm very disappointed and frustrated that nobody can answer my question
Everyone places questions and nobody answer to my question
Q4P

Yes. I am sure your head does hurt. Switch to another personality. That will help.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">