• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withholdings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaxpink

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is an order to automatically have Child Support withheld. The Attorney General does for the most part.

But if an agreement is made can one parent pay directly to the other parent?
Especially if the child support cannot increase if the NCP makes more. The CS is set due to SSI payments to the CP for support and there is only a certain amount that cant effect it.
Due to this Would NCP be able to just pay directly to CP????
Would a Judge allow it as well??

Last edited:

LdiJ

Is an order to automatically have Child Support withheld. The Attorney General does for the most part.

But if an agreement is made can one parent pay directly to the other parent?
Especially if the child support cannot increase if the NCP makes more. The CS is set due to SSI payments to the CP for support and there is only a certain amount that cant effect it.
Due to this Would NCP be able to just pay directly to CP????
Would a Judge allow it as well??
We need context here...is this regarding your same friend you have been posting about or someone else? I honestly cannot imagine a judge signing off on an agreement that states that child support cannot increase if the ncp's income increases.

jaxpink

We need context here...is this regarding your same friend you have been posting about or someone else? I honestly cannot imagine a judge signing off on an agreement that states that child support cannot increase if the ncp's income increases.
I think u misunderstand.. Not that CS cant change.. Only that NCP can pay directly to CP. We already know it wont.... Attorney General dropped out b/c of that!!
The SSA confirmed this. NCP's CS would total 1/2 of what CP gets as SSI. Not only that AG cant garnish CP's SSI.
But the question is Can NCP pat CP if requested or asked or is it auto?

LdiJ

I think u misunderstand.. Not that CS cant change.. Only that NCP can pay directly to CP. We already know it wont.... Attorney General dropped out b/c of that!!
The SSA confirmed this. NCP's CS would total 1/2 of what CP gets as SSI. Not only that AG cant garnish CP's SSI.
I am sorry, but I honestly don't understand what you are asking then. Perhaps if you explained it clearly instead of using shorthand you would get a better answer.

jaxpink

I am sorry, but I honestly don't understand what you are asking then. Perhaps if you explained it clearly instead of using shorthand you would get a better answer.
Well sorry but i dont see how you clearly dont understand the question...
Can a Non-Custodial Parent pay Child Support Directly to the Custodial Parent???
Or Is it Automatic??

jaxpink

What do you consider shorthand .. Are u referring to to abbreviations such as CS , NCP, CP, 1/2 and SSI?
Im sorry to confuse you..

2Mistakes

That post made absolutely no sense to me either.

majomom1

Well sorry but i dont see how you clearly dont understand the question...
Can a Non-Custodial Parent pay Child Support Directly to the Custodial Parent???
Or Is it Automatic??
Ldi is not the only one that is having trouble understanding your question... It is hard to tell the shorthand from the typos...

What do you mean by "is it automatic?" What does the court order say? CS normally goes through the CS office in each state. This is actually to protect the CP and the NCP.

If you mean that the SSI cannot be "garnished" for the CS... and that is the only income, then it is possible for the NCP to pay directly to the CS office. I would not give it directly to the CP.

jaxpink

That post made absolutely no sense to me either.
LD thought i meant would a judge say CS cant rise!
That is not what i meant?
I posted the question a couple times!
Can a NCP pay Child Support to the CP?,Or it withholding automatic for payment?
Can NCP ask the Judge for this?

wileybunch

Are you asking if the NCP can CHOOSE to pay child support through the county/state (ie. b/c they would rather have that record keeping and not have to deal directly with CP)?

jaxpink

[If you mean that the SSI cannot be "garnished" for the CS... and that is the only income, then it is possible for the NCP to pay directly to the CS office. I would not give it directly to the CP] Quote

No I did not. CP gets this money and if NCP gave CP more than xx amount allowed by SSI CP would have to repay SSA therefore the agreed amount was xx in temp order.
The permanent order is what my question concerns.
Can NCP pay a child support office directly without withholding or taken from check? I assume from the post it is.

jaxpink

Are you asking if the NCP can CHOOSE to pay child support through the county/state (ie. b/c they would rather have that record keeping and not have to deal directly with CP)?
Well no but I should have ..Thanks

I got confused and thought if CS was paid to a CS office that meant it is taken out of NCP's check.

majomom1

Well no but I should have ..Thanks

I got confused and thought if CS was paid to a CS office that meant it is taken out of NCP's check.
Payment is not always 'taken' out of the NCP's check. If they are self employed and do not have a "paycheck" to automatically withhold it from, then they have to send a check on their own, but I would never suggest that it go directly to the CP. It needs to go to the CS office so there is a record of the payment, and this actually protects the NCP.

But I still don't understand your previous post:

CP gets this money and if NCP gave CP more than xx amount allowed by SSI CP would have to repay SSA therefore the agreed amount was xx in temp order.
Why would CP have to repay the SSI, or SSA because of receiving CS?

In TX...

Yes, a judge can order that support will be handled between the parties.

Yes, in lieu of wage withholding, you can pay the TXCSDU directly...and they will record receipt of payment and then forward payment to the other party.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">