• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withholdings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

[If you mean that the SSI cannot be "garnished" for the CS... and that is the only income, then it is possible for the NCP to pay directly to the CS office. I would not give it directly to the CP] Quote

No I did not. CP gets this money and if NCP gave CP more than xx amount allowed by SSI CP would have to repay SSA therefore the agreed amount was xx in temp order.
The permanent order is what my question concerns.
Can NCP pay a child support office directly without withholding or taken from check? I assume from the post it is.
You are REALLY being unclear. Why can't you just explain the situation thoroughly?

However, I really hope that there is no attempt being made to defraud the SSA.

qurice

In TX...

Yes, a judge can order that support will be handled between the parties.

Yes, in lieu of wage withholding, you can pay the TXCSDU directly...and they will record receipt of payment and then forward payment to the other party.

Good luck.

And if the judge saw that YouTube video, they'd never agree to it.

Inquiry is correct, but if your case is handled by the TX OAG's office, collection will be done via wage/income assignment.

§ 158.006. INCOME WITHHOLDING IN TITLE IV-D SUITS. In a
Title IV-D case, the court or the Title IV-D agency shall order that
income be withheld from the disposable earnings of the obligor and
may not suspend, stay, or delay issuance of the order or of a
judicial or administrative writ of withholding.

CJane

Due to this Would NCP be able to just pay directly to CP????
Can a Non-Custodial Parent pay Child Support Directly to the Custodial Parent???
Can a NCP pay Child Support to the CP?,Or it withholding automatic for payment?
Can NCP pay a child support office directly
And you wonder why we might be confused? You're not even asking the same question by the time you get to the end of the thread.

And if the judge thinks that there's any attempt to defraud ANYONE by paying directly to the CP, he/she isn't going to allow it.

Paying to the CSE office w/out wage withholding is a completely different thing.

jaxpink

And you wonder why we might be confused? You're not even asking the same question by the time you get to the end of the thread.

And if the judge thinks that there's any attempt to defraud ANYONE by paying directly to the CP, he/she isn't going to allow it.

Paying to the CSE office w/out wage withholding is a completely different thing.
People......NCP is not the one getting SSI......
CP is and any gifts, payments, money, food or housing (or if it changes) then SSA is supposed to be notified. CP has not told SSA about anything they have rcvd or the other state they lived in which could have different requirements. CP can get in her own trouble by herself. Not NCP's problem i assure you.
SSA has a deduction plan that can take whatever she gets and keeps that from the payment, so therefore the most CP can get without the SSI being messed with is 200.00 which is nothing when he brings home 1200-1900 a week.
NCP is not the one trying to defraud anyone, but working with so many companies, its easier to send it in instead of getting a wage withholding paper to everyone and hoping they keep it right. So I asked and I thank everyone for their help!!

jaxpink

And if the judge saw that YouTube video, they'd never agree to it.

Inquiry is correct, but if your case is handled by the TX OAG's office, collection will be done via wage/income assignment.

§ 158.006. INCOME WITHHOLDING IN TITLE IV-D SUITS. In a
Title IV-D case, the court or the Title IV-D agency shall order that
income be withheld from the disposable earnings of the obligor and
may not suspend, stay, or delay issuance of the order or of a
judicial or administrative writ of withholding.
If you read my post you would see it is NOT handled by the AG. They denied CP once and then she went back and then they dropped out cuz she hired an att. However they denied his req to start CS b/c they didnt what was allowed to keep CP's benefits messed with.

CJane

No WAY, if he's making 98,000/year will he get away with only paying $200/month.

Not when his order SHOULD be $1646/month. Even if Mom loses her SSI because she's getting too much CS, that $1646 is enough to live on in trailer-ville.

jaxpink

No WAY, if he's making 98,000/year will he get away with only paying $200/month.

Not when his order SHOULD be $1646/month. Even if Mom loses her SSI because she's getting too much CS, that $1646 is enough to live on in trailer-ville.

Yeah she doesnt think very much. But the SSI does a review every 3 years.
This amount is what NCP made until July this year. He now makes a little over 700 right now, but wants to go back in Jan to what he was doing which will again be 1200-1900..
But he is getting away with it cuz mom gets over 1200 a month for the support of the kiddos, not him and she wont give it up for anything. That is her security and her moms. They wont part with it.
But heres a kicker CP gets 40,000 in Jan from a settlement. I highly doubt she will tell SSA.

Last edited:

majomom1

I may be nuts... but it looks to me like NCP wants to show that CP is getting $200 for CS.

Then give the rest of the CS to CP directly... so that the SSI is not messed up.

That is still fraud! CS needs to be calculated correctly and paid through CS to CP.

NCP should not worry about messing up the SSI... that is CP's problem.

CJane

I may be nuts... but it looks to me like NCP wants to show that CP is getting $200 for CS.

Then give the rest of the CS to CP directly... so that the SSI is not messed up.

That is still fraud! CS needs to be calculated correctly and paid through CS to CP.

NCP should not worry about messing up the SSI... that is CP's problem.
I don't think so. These are the Youtube people. He's trying to pay ONLY $200/month ... of course, Jax is claiming it's Mom's idea... which may be true. They've already proven that none of them are too bright.

ncpdad

I think the OP is asking do child support payments have to go to the Child Support office, or as they call it in New Jersey, the Probation Department, or can he pay the custodial parent directly. I don't get all the whys of the question, but the answer is maybe... not all states require it. Back when Bill Clinton was in office, he signed an act which gave financial incentives to the states to collect child support money. The act was intended to target deadbeats, but it has the added benefit for the state that they can process non-deadbeats through this system as well and still receive the financial incentives. Overall, that is simpler for the states than doing the hard work of actually going after the non-pays. So many/most states (I don't know exact figures) require payments to go through the state, and through automatic removal from paychecks. You'll have to check for your individual state.

I personally believe that this practice is more evasive than protective. It was a simple matter for dad to give a check to mom, and for mom to cash it. When mom demanded it go through the probation department, it became an automatic debit from his payment, because that is how New Jersey at least works it. I believe that this is an infringement on his privacy, because his employer should have not right to know how many children or how much support he is required to pay, especially since their original decree agreed that he would pay it directly and did so for five years. Additionally, the employer is permitted to deduct $2 a pay period (his pay periods are 2 weeks) for a processing fee, so my husband is essentially paying an additional $52 a year for a "convenience" that he does not want and did not request. The custodial parent is not required to pay any sort of processing fee, so this is patently unfair. I know it is only $52, but over the course of time, that adds up to more, and there is a principal that my husband is now paying for the state for something that he and his ex managed quite well for years on their own.

But, I know that since I am the step, I have no rights in the situation and therefore, I probably shouldn't express an opinion. :)

jaxpink

I don't think so. These are the Youtube people. He's trying to pay ONLY $200/month ... of course, Jax is claiming it's Mom's idea... which may be true. They've already proven that none of them are too bright.

NCP asked for an agreement of 400 in March, she turned that down and he had no order to pay anything. He sent her 200 in April when her phone got turned off.
Her Attorney asked for 200 in November. NCP agreed to all of it, but is scared that with him working for different companies and the wage withholdings paper going to each one something might get screwed up. He wants to pay whoever so he knows its all well taken care off. NCP thought you only paid an CS office if it was withheld not that he could himself. His first check he gave to his att to give her att. This only started Novemver and the money is NO issue to him cuz he knows she may well spend it on other things but she will still need the SSI to help and it willcome from that.This is not some order anyone is getting out of and NCP is not trying to commit fraud. He made a report against her in September about her not telling them of her 6000.00 she got in Aug as part of her settlemtent , her job for 4 months and her 5 moves she failed to tell them so trust me NCP is not trying to fraud them, thats why he refused to add his name to the account when they asked him if he wanted too. He didnt want to go down with her if she ever does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">