• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He doesnt pay, lawyers doing nothing. Foreclosure, car to be repoed, kids not insured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkking

and like i said before, me getting a min wage job doesnt help with anything when you have to pay a $300k of mortgage , house payments, trying to keep a car he gave as a gift from getting repoed.

mistoffolees

and like i said before, me getting a min wage job doesnt help with anything when you have to pay a $300k of mortgage , house payments, trying to keep a car he gave as a gift from getting repoed.
Then get rid of the house and buy one you can afford. Get the adult children to take care of their own transportation needs. That's what 'adult' is supposed to mean.

Proserpina

You're basically saying that you're unwilling to work. What will you do if something happens to him and he's unable to work himself?

mistoffolees

do you know what dependent is?
Yes, I do. I'm just having a hard time understanding why it's relevant.

You're not working so you can't claim the deduction.

The kids aren't working so they can't claim the deduction.

It therefore doesn't hurt you for the father to claim the deduction. He may not be entitled to it, but that's an entirely different matter - and has no bearing on your situation.

CourtClerk

I'd also like to know exactly how long you expect your ex husband to support you?

And how is it that if you can't speak English well, you speak well enough to communicate on this forum?

mistoffolees

4k/month is not his salary. he gets $115k per year
But you said initially that you 'needed' $4 K from each paycheck. Since you've now edited the post, I don't remember if that was biweekly or semimonthly, but it's either $96 K per year or $104 K per year.

Let's take his $115 K salary. After deducting social security and medicare taxes, that's $106 K. Take out income taxes and insurance and you were asking for all of his income.

Even now that you've reduced your demands to $4 K per month, you're still being unreasonable.

Checkking

does Relative income of the parties matter?

"In U.S. states that recognize a right of the spouses to live according to the means to which they have become accustomed', alimony attempts to adjust the incomes of the spouses so that they are able to approximate, as best possible, their prior lifestyle."

Last edited:

mistoffolees

I'd also like to know exactly how long you expect your ex husband to support you?
Obviously, forever. She has a $300 K mortgage, after all, and it wouldn't be fair to expect her to do menial labor. And when the mortgage is paid off, she will still need all of his paycheck (or 1/2, depending on which version of her story you accept). And her precious children should never have to work, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">