• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case for defamation, mental anguish?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I don't think you all understand. I'm not dwelling on this because I want to, or to be immature. I can't control it.

For years, I've tried to take situations such as these and use the approach of just letting it go and moving on, and I just can't do it. I get blood rushing to my head over what I can't control, I get angry, and when I can calm down, it'll usually be a short period of relief before the thoughts replay in my head over and over again that I've come close to killing myself several times over them. This isn't just me choosing to be a childish jerk.
sigh...

You're not even trying anymore are you?

JackM678

Nobody can help me. I'm just dealing with this as long as I can until I need to make use of the rope I have stored away in my apartment.

quincy

Hmm. Possibly?

I was vacationing on the east coast when it posted apparently. I just saw it now.

Here is a link to the May 17, 2013, Texas Supreme Court decision in Hancock v. Variyam , a defamation case that claimed damages for mental anguish. It details the elements necessary for a successful defamation/mental anguish claim, both of which have been discussed in this thread.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-supreme-court/1631622.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">