• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

picking up daughter while ex is at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Daughter gets off school at 3:15, I get off work at 4pm, ex works till 6, daughter watched by grandma after school. I usually call at 4pm after I get off work to see what daughter is doing. Picking her up more times then not. I had NO idea there was anything wrong with doing this. Her mothers still at work.

Why is this not OK?

BL

Daughter gets off school at 3:15, I get off work at 4pm, ex works till 6, daughter watched by grandma after school. I usually call at 4pm after I get off work to see what daughter is doing. Picking her up more times then not. I had NO idea there was anything wrong with doing this. Her mothers still at work.

Why is this not OK?
What do your court orders state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Why is this not OK?
Would you prefer we post random things on YOUR thread that could get YOU in trouble, or would you prefer accurate answers?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
With that said (to make the point)...

If the other parent is ok with this arrangement, then there is no problem.

I'd like an accurate answer if possible. When the ex is in a mood she makes comments about it but most of the time she doesn't like it but doesn't say anything to me about

My current court order was written way before my daughter was in school and says nothing about day care.

LdiJ

With that said (to make the point)...

If the other parent is ok with this arrangement, then there is no problem.
And what do you want to bet that if OP prevails with his current plan to get more time, that the other parent will no longer be ok with that?

And what do you want to bet that if OP prevails with his current plan to get more time, that the other parent will no longer be ok with that?
That's part of the reason I asked. She doesnt like it now, but it could get worse if I'm actually not supposed to do it.

BL

I'd like an accurate answer if possible. When the ex is in a mood she makes comments about it but most of the time she doesn't like it but doesn't say anything to me about

My current court order was written way before my daughter was in school and says nothing about day care.
So what exactly does the order say about times and visitations?

If you want accurate answers ,give specific courts orders that exist.

So what exactly does the order say about times and visitations?

If you want accurate answers ,give specific courts orders that exist.
In the current order i don't have anytime during the week with my daughter. Picking up daughter after work/school, would be not during any specified time in the order. We have shared legal custody.

Is that what your asking?

Last edited:

CJane

If it is not your time per the order, and there is no ROFR clause precluding the use of 3rd party care providers for a limited amount of time (less than 2 hours), and if Mom had a problem with it, she could make things very uncomfortable for you, indeed.

I'm 100% certain that your attempts to end run custody, find a work around for every limitation of the order which you deem unacceptable, and attempt to usurp as much of Mom's time as possible has become blatantly obvious to Mom and everyone in her life, as it has to the people on this board.

Continue along your chosen path of deviousness, and let us know how things shake out in a few years when even kiddo can see that you're more interested in the game than the child.

LdiJ

That's part of the reason I asked. She doesnt like it now, but it could get worse if I'm actually not supposed to do it.
No, you are not supposed to do it. Its HER time. She gets to decide what happens with the child on her time...just like you get to decide what happens with the child on your time. Its going to make you look like you are not respecting the court orders if its brought up in court. Plus, its GRANDMA...I am sure that you give your parents time with the child. Would you like it if mom swooped in during your time and took the child away from YOUR parents?

Would you like it if mom swooped in during your time and took the child away from YOUR parents?
It's interesting you seem to be assuming that grandparents rights outweight parents rights. I don't really agree that it is her time with the child, when she is NOT with the child. I'd love to here a legal opinion on this instead of an incorrect personal opinion.

I'm starting to think you guys are just pulling out BS just to attack me. Does anyone actually believe that this is wrong??

Last edited:
If it is not your time per the order, and there is no ROFR clause precluding the use of 3rd party care providers for a limited amount of time (less than 2 hours), and if Mom had a problem with it, she could make things very uncomfortable for you, indeed.

I'm 100% certain that your attempts to end run custody, find a work around for every limitation of the order which you deem unacceptable, and attempt to usurp as much of Mom's time as possible has become blatantly obvious to Mom and everyone in her life, as it has to the people on this board.

Continue along your chosen path of deviousness, and let us know how things shake out in a few years when even kiddo can see that you're more interested in the game than the child.
So what your saying is, i'm exploiting a loophole.....So that means, technically there IS nothing wrong with doing this.

I'm doubling the time i spend with my daughter next week through a modification of the parenting plan.....Daughter and I are the happiest we've ever been together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">