• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

picking up daughter while ex is at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't understand how you arrived at your conclusion based on your citation. They're unrelated.

BL

You asked for a citation and I gave it to you....lol, it's not hard to make a prediction of an event you asked for!

I predict when i go to Taco bell and order a Taco...I will get one! lol
Look ,you were given a legal answer.

Until the parent with the parenting time tells grammy to not allow pickups from Grammies, it's a like or not like .

What Ifs?

You got your answer .

If you want to fight over 2 hrs. go at in court.

I don't understand how you arrived at your conclusion based on your citation. They're unrelated.
Any guy who doesn't feel that way about their kids isn't worth a breath IMO, thank god the percentage of men like that is MUCH lower then the percentage of women like that!
Approximately 40 percent of child victims were maltreated by their mothers acting alone; another 18.3 percent were maltreated by their fathers acting alone; 17.3 percent were abused by both parents (USDHHS, 2007).
See how it's a much lower percentage of men?

I think the 4.4% difference hardly qualifies as "much lower" - furthermore, it STILL doesn't relate to your prior statement.

I am getting bored.
Turns out i'm not good at math....How does the difference between 57.3% and 18.3% equal 4.4%? Even if you added that 17.3% to both sides of the equation at once(Since both spouse were involved) you still get more then 4.4%....

It's more then double!

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Turns out i'm not good at math....How is the difference between 40% and 17.3%, 4.4%?
Not good at reading comprehension either, are you?

No worries, those "stats" are suspect anyway, since their own statements don't add up. I wouldn't bother putting too much more energy in to it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Not worth talking about a #@$#^% like that then huh? I'm a father first, i'd quit my job and give up everything i am if it meant a more meaningful(although it's pretty good right now) relationship with my daughter. She saved my life and i'm lucky to even know my daughter. Any guy who doesn't feel that way about their kids isn't worth a breath IMO, thank god the percentage of men like that is MUCH lower then the percentage of women like that!
I wouldn't. Wanna know why? Because my kid(s) needs more than fun with their parent. My kid needs clothes. A roof over their head. Food in their belly. Books. A FH stick/music lessons. And so on and so forth. And none of that is magically going to appear without their parent having a JOB. So quitting isn't an option.

Ladyback1

Not worth talking about a #@$#^% like that then huh? I'm a father first, i'd quit my job and give up everything i am if it meant a more meaningful(although it's pretty good right now) relationship with my daughter. She saved my life and i'm lucky to even know my daughter. Any guy who doesn't feel that way about their kids isn't worth a breath IMO, thank god the percentage of men like that is MUCH lower then the percentage of women like that!
ya know? I think you are more obsessed with sticking it to your Ex instead of being a responsible, caring and decent co-parent. You are doing your level best to shut Mom out of the daughter's life.

I'm also seeing some signs of obsessiveness, and frankly, I worry about your child.
Having dealt with more than my fair share of narcissistic personalities and sociopaths, I truly believe you are mentally ill. You really can't help being a jerk, it's how you are wired. You see nothing wrong with your plan and alienating the child from her mother....:(

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
http://www.americanhumane.org/children/stop-child-abuse/fact-sheets/child-abuse-and-neglect-statistics.html
A somewhat different picture from an other source:

In analyzing the victim data by relationship to the perpetrator, the 2010 data found that approximately one-half (53.6%) of child abuse and neglect perpetrators were women and slightly more than 45 percent (45.2%) were men. An estimated 84% (84.2) of unique perpetrators were between the ages of 20 and 49 years. (See Chapter 3: Children for more information.)
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/can-faq11

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A somewhat different picture from an other source:

And how many of those were single mothers? It is hard to be neglectful/abusive if you are NOT around. So I wonder what the subset of married versus unmarried women were.

single317dad

Legitimate information source:

Not a legit source:

http://www.americanhumane.org/children/stop-child-abuse/fact-sheets/child-abuse-and-neglect-statistics.html
Anyone can make up cites. Before I'll believe the stats in the "report", I'll need to see the actual statement, from its original source. Optimally, I'd like to see the original data as well, but that's not always possible. The only place that data appears on the web is in dozens of copypastas.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And how many of those were single mothers? It is hard to be neglectful/abusive if you are NOT around. So I wonder what the subset of married versus unmarried women were.
Interesting question.

Legitimate information source:

Not a legit source:

Anyone can make up cites. Before I'll believe the stats in the "report", I'll need to see the actual statement, from its original source. Optimally, I'd like to see the original data as well, but that's not always possible. The only place that data appears on the web is in dozens of copypastas.
Stats can be manipulated in any number of ways, depending on one's agenda.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Interesting question.

Stats can be manipulated in any number of ways, depending on one's agenda.
And I hope the question is taken in the method of which it was intended. I.E. more mothers may be considered abusive/neglectful because there are NO fathers around so the mothers are the only ones who could be. Hence the skewing of the statistics. If dad is around, what is the percentage then between mothers and fathers being abusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">