• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

picking up daughter while ex is at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
It's interesting you seem to be assuming that grandparents rights outweight parents rights. I don't really agree that it is her time with the child, when she is NOT with the child. I'd love to here a legal opinion on this instead of an incorrect personal opinion.

I'm starting to think you guys are just pulling out BS just to attack me. Does anyone actually believe that this is wrong??
You are in violation of the court order if you go get Princess and Mom has not given you permission or agreement for you to do so on her time. Period. End of discussion. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That's part of the reason I asked. She doesnt like it now, but it could get worse if I'm actually not supposed to do it.
If she tells you not to and you continue to do it, it's possible that she could take it back to court. Depending on a number of things, it's possible that you could get "slapped" by the judge in various ways, including the possibility of LOSING time that you presently have with the child.

See how that works?

Now, stop posting our knee-jerk guesses on other folks' threads. It's unhelpful at best, downright harmful at worst.

CSO286

It's interesting you seem to be assuming that grandparents rights outweight parents rights. I don't really agree that it is her time with the child, when she is NOT with the child. I'd love to here a legal opinion on this instead of an incorrect personal opinion.

I'm starting to think you guys are just pulling out BS just to attack me. Does anyone actually believe that this is wrong??
We don't.

However a parent has the right to decide with whom the child may spend time during their parenting time.

For example, if I am the CP and I have every other weekend, I could choose to let her spend the night with her Auntie Sue and favorite cousins on my assigned weekend, without consulting the NCP.

That is a parenting choice to allow the child to develop relationships with her extended family.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So what your saying is, i'm exploiting a loophole.....So that means, technically there IS nothing wrong with doing this.
You're wrong. Plain and simple.

I feel sorry for your students if you are giving them rides on your thought trains :rolleyes:

CJane

So what your saying is, i'm exploiting a loophole.....So that means, technically there IS nothing wrong with doing this.
No. I'm saying - based on personal experience - that what you are doing is wrong. On a legal level, on a co-parenting level, and on a parenting level. And I say that, even knowing that you don't actually care, as long as at the end of the day, you get what you want.

I'm doubling the time i spend with my daughter next week through a modification of the parenting plan.....Daughter and I are the happiest we've ever been together!
Uh huh. I totally believe that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And what do you want to bet that if OP prevails with his current plan to get more time, that the other parent will no longer be ok with that?
Ld, don't you know we are ALL anti-dad and any answer we give will just be anti-dad. Good grief. How dare we answer him! :eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If it is not your time per the order, and there is no ROFR clause precluding the use of 3rd party care providers for a limited amount of time (less than 2 hours), and if Mom had a problem with it, she could make things very uncomfortable for you, indeed.

I'm 100% certain that your attempts to end run custody, find a work around for every limitation of the order which you deem unacceptable, and attempt to usurp as much of Mom's time as possible has become blatantly obvious to Mom and everyone in her life, as it has to the people on this board.

Continue along your chosen path of deviousness, and let us know how things shake out in a few years when even kiddo can see that you're more interested in the game than the child.
Now you are just proving OP's point about us being anti-dad. of course we are not -- we are just anti-this-dad for being a doofus but.... *sigh*

See this is why i'm still not sure....

I am going in for a final hearing on Friday and part of my argument was 'Status Quo', that was that 'I am available and have picked up daughter a majority of the time after school to help with homework and spend time with her while her mother works" Of course that's not my only argment, i also help coach, have take numerous co-parenting and parenting courses, am certified in Adult/Child/Infant FirstAid CPR/AED, am taking online courses in 'child psycology, etc**************Hell, part of my reason for needing the modification is the ex denying my parenting time when it wasn't my time.

But, if i'm actually doing something wrong i would think the judge or even the other lawyer might has said something.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

hahahahahahahahahaha... OH MY ... you accuse LD of that? OMG.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are clueless. It is HER time. HER custodial time. LD is almost ANTI grandparents as her and I have argued about Troxel and what that means countless times. LD was right, and you are still a doofus.

Ld, don't you know we are ALL anti-dad and any answer we give will just be anti-dad. Good grief. How dare we answer him! :eek:
Wait didn't i say in the other thread that only a couple people stood out as anti-dad and YOU aren't one of them ohiogal? Are you having a seizure with all these posts??

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
See this is why i'm still not sure....

I am going in for a final hearing on Friday and part of my argument was 'Status Quo', that was that 'I am available and have picked up daughter a majority of the time after school to help with homework and spend time with her while her mother works" Of course that's not my only argment, i also help coach, have take numerous co-parenting and parenting courses, am certified in Adult/Child/Infant FirstAid CPR/AED, am taking online courses in 'child psycology, etc**************Hell, part of my reason for needing the modification is the ex denying my parenting time when it wasn't my time.

But, if i'm actually doing something wrong i would think the judge or even the other lawyer might has said something.
It's not your parenting time if it's not in the court order. Deal with it. Next time you decide to reproduce (please don't), marry the Mom (if you can find somebody that is masochistic enough to put up with your misogyny). :cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wait didn't i say in the other thread that only a couple people stood out as anti-dad and YOU aren't one of them ohiogal? Are you having a seizure with all these posts??
So spit out who you think IS. I can guarantee you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">