• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

picking up daughter while ex is at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I hope the question is taken in the method of which it was intended. I.E. more mothers may be considered abusive/neglectful because there are NO fathers around so the mothers are the only ones who could be. Hence the skewing of the statistics. If dad is around, what is the percentage then between mothers and fathers being abusive?
Thats an interesting point. How many father vs. mothers stay in a relationship with a spouse that is abusive to the children. But i think the more interesting stat is what is alluded to in your post, i.e. fathers not being around. How many abusive mothers get primary custody(father not being around) vs abusive fathers get primary custody(mother not being around)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thats an interesting point. How many father vs. mothers stay in a relationship with a spouse that is abusive to the children. But i think the more interesting stat is what is alluded to in your post, i.e. fathers not being around. How many abusive mothers get primary custody(father not being around) vs abusive fathers get primary custody(mother not being around)
How many parents (of either gender) leave a child with an abusive partner? That should be considered abusive/neglectful as well. Look at the poster we have who left his child with a "crazy", "abusive" and psychotic" stbx? Because he wants to get his jollies with a new chick.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That may be what you took from this.. what I was meaning however was how many mothers start out fine and then due to not having the father around cross the line and become abusive/neglectful because they are overwhelmed. The neglect/abuse comes after the other parent left. Not making excuses. But not saying that a parent in my question left the child with someone known to be abusive/neglectful but rather the parent left because they didn't want to parent, wanted to move on to a new family, didn't want the responsibility... or thereabouts. Of course then you also have what stealth says. Dad in that situation is just as bad if not worse than mom because he sees an issue and doesn't care he is putting his child there because him having a girlfriend is more important than his child.

Of course then you also have what stealth says. Dad in that situation is just as bad if not worse than mom because he sees an issue and doesn't care he is putting his child there because him having a girlfriend is more important than his child.
They have a graph specifically for Nonparental Perpetrator on that link:
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/child-maltreatment-2010-data-tables

I think it's 4.4% for 'unmarried partner of parent' but that's both sexes

I can't find a chart that just lists parents

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They have a graph specifically for Nonparental Perpetrator on that link:
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/child-maltreatment-2010-data-tables

I think it's 4.4% for 'unmarried partner of parent' but that's both sexes
Which has nothing to do with what my point was. So are you related to NYCTeacher? I would say you most likely are him because he did not do well with the moderators.

Which has nothing to do with what my point was. So are you related to NYCTeacher? I would say you most likely are him because he did not do well with the moderators.
Sorry i was responding to the 2nd part of your post, i've edited my post now to reflect that. I read all his posts yesterday, PLEASE don't equate me to him, i actually HAVE some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">